Left Behind

Discover the secret of Mother Brain's technological advanced world.

Left Behind

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 13, '07, 8:35 pm

During the evacuation of Skure mentioned in PSII, a lot of people left their pet Musk Cats behind. Why do you think they did that? Surely they would have thought that any gas leak that was toxic to them would be toxic to the cats, too. Did they forget the cats or were they forced to leave them behind for some reason?

If you were living in Skure when the evacuation happened and had a pet, would you have left it or taken it with you when leaving the planet?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby The $ Avenger » Sun Oct 14, '07, 12:54 am

Maybe Mother Brain banned them from taking the Musk Cats along? If the Earthmen were aware of the Cats' powers they might have wanted them to be left behind to die, (if the Cats couldn't eke out a new way of life.)

Of course I'd take my pet with me, if given the chance, but there isn't much you can do if your rescuers were adamant about you leaving them behind.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Neithird » Tue Oct 16, '07, 2:05 am

I would have snuck my cat aboard by hiding it in my shirt or jacket. ;)

Really, I don't think that would work (a cat staying still in a moving vehicle? Not any cat I've ever seen!). I'd give it a shot anyway.

My thought is the evacuation happened in a rush and no one had time to pack or pick up a pet.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Tue Oct 16, '07, 6:08 am

I would try to sneak my pet out, too. You're probably right about it being a rush to get everyone out. If they took too long to do it and the gas leak was a fake as I suggested in another topic, the deception would have been uncovered.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rudo » Fri Oct 19, '07, 2:42 am

They were probably forced to leave them behind for some reason. No pet lover would voluntarily leave their pet behind unless it was a matter of life and death for someone else. I certainly would never leave my pet under any circumstances in the same situation.
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Ome_Joop » Sun Jun 1, '08, 9:00 pm

Most peolple would take their cat withthem but that is just most people...
Ome_Joop
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 43

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jun 23, '08, 9:19 am

My cat would be just like Myau and powerful enough to say, "I'm going. What're you gonna do about it?" XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Phantasy Star II