Phantasy Star I ~ short game (100% replay spoiler)

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Phantasy Star I ~ short game (100% replay spoiler)

Postby ThugsRook » Sat Apr 4, '09, 6:51 am

Last edited by ThugsRook on Thu Oct 7, '10, 8:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 15

Re: Phantasy Star I ~ short game (100% replay spoiler)

Postby hugues » Sat Apr 4, '09, 9:06 pm

this is all based on the assumption/fact that the LaserGun is a better weapon then the LaconianAxe.

That is a great assumption - every time I've replayed Phantasy Star I've skipped the Laconian Axe. The Laser Gun may do lower damage to a single enemy but it never misses and is perfect against multiple enemies. Maybe the fight against Dark Falz is slightly easier with the axe but it's not worth the trouble involved in obtaining it.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby ThugsRook » Sat Apr 11, '09, 5:40 am

a few notes on attempting shortplay....

facing Lassic at L20 (w/o the mirror shield), its gonna be very difficult to beat him, but not impossible. it is possible to face Lassic at only L19 (!), but i havent been able to beat him there yet. it doesnt look like thats gonna be possible.
at L21 its not too tough.
L22 is were I'd normally face him with all items collected, pretty easy at this level.

by comparison, a "normal" replay should have you facing Lassic by L24.

:)
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Thoul » Sun Apr 12, '09, 3:54 pm

Hm, you can really skip a significant portion if you just go with that gun. I wonder how much damage the Laconian Axe and Laser Gun each do in total across a protracted battle like a boss fight. Since the Axe can miss and the Gun never does, maybe the Gun is really better even against a single target.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby ThugsRook » Sun Apr 12, '09, 5:37 pm

Thoul wrote:Hm, you can really skip a significant portion if you just go with that gun. I wonder how much damage the Laconian Axe and Laser Gun each do in total across a protracted battle like a boss fight. Since the Axe can miss and the Gun never does, maybe the Gun is really better even against a single target.

Dark Force doesnt show damage, so the boss battle test would have to be against Lassic.

against a single target, i think itll come down to how often Odin misses with the L.Axe.
also keep in mind the L.Axe can do between 5HP and 60HP(?) depending on the enemy and its defences, the LaserGun always does 20... always.

i think there is a reason why Alis cant use the Guns... the game would (most likely) be super easy if both Odin and Alis equiped LaserGuns :yes:

...the NeedleGun and HeatGuns are kinda worthless tho, especially for their price. not to mention the NeedleGun has a sound glitch :worried:
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tsunami » Sun Apr 12, '09, 10:36 pm

I need to finish this game sometime, but Baya Maylay (spelling?) frustrated me with the traps/pitfalls. Didn't rely on maps either, so I had to memorize it. >_<

I always kept Odin with the Laser Gun since it was fun to have him shoot up everything to death. :D That, and I preferred it over the Laconian Axe. I don't think I could do a run like this, though, since I am OCD about collecting everything in a game and finishing it completely. ^_^
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby ThugsRook » Sun Apr 12, '09, 11:28 pm

Tsunami wrote:...I don't think I could do a run like this, though, since I am OCD about collecting everything in a game and finishing it completely. ^_^

lol :rofl:

i must be ultra OCD then :lol:
i mapped everything, made notes on everything, even cross referenced everything :yaknow:

this sort of stuff is purely for replay value :up:
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Tsunami » Tue Apr 14, '09, 8:48 am

ThugsRook wrote:
Tsunami wrote:...I don't think I could do a run like this, though, since I am OCD about collecting everything in a game and finishing it completely. ^_^

lol :rofl:

i must be ultra OCD then :lol:
i mapped everything, made notes on everything, even cross referenced everything :yaknow:

this sort of stuff is purely for replay value :up:
XD That's a lot of work you put into this! I'm not sure I'd have the patience to do that, really, lol.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Darkil » Tue Apr 14, '09, 1:42 pm

Since I'm on my 3rd retry of this beautiful game I think I'll go with the gun, although I'd go after Madusa since I've always wanted to see what she looks like and how I'd fare against her.
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Return to Phantasy Star