Phantasy Star I - IV Roleplay (Non-canon)

Adventures in board based gaming.

Postby Celeith » Wed Dec 5, '07, 11:43 pm

"What do I do now?" Trey asked himself. Thinking if he should go back for the man or not. His stomache growled something fierce, but there was not a restaurant in site due to the recent battle. "Damn I'm hungry." He said, letting out a small sigh. He headed out of town, looking north he spotted a small cave.

"Guess everyone decided to ditch me." He said as he approached the cave. There was no light upon entering the cave. "Trey, keep your guard up." Gaia warned him. Trey took a few steps into the cave, keeping his slashers drawn in his hands. "What the? Eww!" He said, lifting his foot a slimey, gooey substance was attached to his boot.

"What in the world is this?" He said, trying to wipe the slime off his boot on a nearby rock. After a few minutes of actually freaking out he finally tried to head on into the cave. "Young master, do you hear that?" Luna asked. Trey could hear a faint sound coming from in front of him. He knelt down, feeling around for something on the ground

"Please let this be something I can use." He said as he grabbed ahold of a object from the ground. Extending his hand he cast a tiny Foi spell, igniting whatever it was he was holding. "Whew.. its only a stick. Would have been worse if it was something else." He said after letting a sigh of relief.

Looking up ahead two tiny little blob like creatures could be seen. It was as if they were dancing or playing or something. "Heh.. isn't that cute." He said. The two blobs heard him, panicking they ran into each other, growing larger and more demon looking than before. "Ok... I take that back." He said as he backed up.

"Trey?" Gaia said. "Young master?" Luna asked. He continued backing up, noticing a small gap beside the giant monster. "RUN AWAY!" All three of them yelled. Trey taking a quick dash towards the beast, dodging its first attack barely making it through the gap. He ran through the cave, the beast following quickly behind.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Atlinsmere » Thu Dec 6, '07, 5:45 pm

The graveyard was a place that Sane was quite familliar with. He walked over to where his parents graves were. The hill of dirt he dug beside them was gone. HE fell to his knees and started digging with his hands.

When he couldn't find his treasure he stopped digging. He stood up and wiped at his tears. He Looked closer and saw something even stranger. His parents graves were still mounted with fresh dirt.
How could this be? Is it possible I'm living twelve years in the past? It can't be. There is definately something different. The events that have unfolded so far. Trey. He looks alot like he did when he was killed by that lost god Sh-. Sane stopped. HE collapsed to his knees. "Is it possible. Could he still be alive?" He murmered. There was only one last thing he could do. He had to see if he could find himself. If this was twelve years in the pst then he would have been in that gang. Those worthless thugs were the ones that left him to die when he was stabbed in the leg. He had to stop that from happening. HE ran towards the hideout, towards the thieves guild.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Snorb » Fri Dec 7, '07, 3:46 am

After another suspicion-filled half hour in Nalya, Rose finally left the town's Tool Store, looking at the canvas bag filled with her purchases. A Telepipe rested at the very top of the bag, supported by a four-pack of Dimates. An Escapipe helped frame the side of the bag, bracing the Dimates' weight.

Should come in handy, just in case I run into something that decides to seal my Techs, Rose thought as she stocked her itempack from the bag. But if it comes to that, then I'm probably dead already, unless Ryn or Shina or Trey save me. And that other guy... he looked like he knew Trey from somewhere.

She continued digging through her shopping bag, past a pair of Cure-Parals, before her hand brushed against a Hidapipe. "I was lucky to find this," she said to herself. I didn't think they made Hidapipes anymore!

Rose moved it aside, then reached the last of her purchases. Rummaging past a stray Telepipe, she saw an electric blue corset, its lace midriff and low cut reminding her that she probably shouldn't be wearing it in front of her male companions. A pair of silver trimmed knee-high blue boots and matching elbow-length gloves completed the outfit. Rose sighed as she looked at it.

Auntie Jhenna used to wear something like this when she was a professional dancer, Rose remembered, thinking of the aunt who helped raise her back in Camineet. I always wanted to watch her dance, just once. ...Will I ever be as good a dancer as her? Will I ever be as good a Hunter as my father?

She gave the corset a shake, hearing the faint sound of bass and keyboard in her mind. Rose gave a slight chuckle, along with a wry smile. "I didn't think anybody used the Musik tech these days," she said to herself. "...Come to think of it, I've been neglecting my dancing lately."
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby Heikabuchi » Fri Dec 7, '07, 4:35 am

The Motavian suns had set by the time Ryn had boiled a fourth of the sandworm hide. The motavian was preparing another length of hide when the foul stench of gore flooded his nostrils.
Thats right! I forgot to bathe! That damned purple gore will take forever to get out my fur.. Why did I wait so long to clean it off?

And with that, ryn discarded his mantle, tossing it upon a boil of freshly boiled leather.
The motavian made his way toward the rather lavish shower-room. Whoever designed it certainly knew what they were doing. The shower took up a good three fourths of the large fifty by fifty room. There was a modest bench within the shower, giving room for three people to sit. There were three cast iron showerheads, one for each wall.
Indeed, this was a marval of modern design. Until Ryn had left Tonoe, he had never before seen running water. When he bathed, it was in the ocean with the rest of his clan. His grandfather, his cousins, his sister, his brothers, and everyone else in the villiage, minus the guards of course who would bathe after everyone else had finished.
The motavians beak curled into a smile as he rid himself of his platelegs and cyber-suit, the articles falling from his body with a hard thud. He cast all other thoughts aside as he gave the shower control a hard shove, designating the waterflow to be heavy and the temperture to be as hot as possible.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Celeith » Mon Dec 10, '07, 3:38 am

(OOC: Noones posted in like 3 days so someone might as well. And btw Heik you said this took place in PSIV so i'm goin with its takin place during so if anything is wrong i regret nothing!)

Trey continued to run from the giant slime, the pathway was to narrow for him to fight. "Does this cave ever end?" Trey thought to himself. The noise the beast was making was getting louder and closer as Trey continued to run. "OH CRAP!" Trey yelled as he noticed a dead end, only a small hole could be seen in the cave wall. He continued running, leaping forward he did a slide right through the hole. Trey exited the small hole, standing up he looked around.

"Thank goodness, I finally got aw.." He said, only to be interrupted by the beast crashing through the wall. He began to back up slowly, hoping the beast had not noticed him, but it was not so. ""Damnit." He thought to himself. Glancing to the side a light could be seen, a howling noise could be heard echoing through the cave. "Please let that be an exit." He thought to himself as he began running, the beast charging with great speed.

Running through the pathway, jumping over rocks and pillars on the ground Trey finally made his way to the exit. "Finally made it.. WHOA!" Trey said as he crashed into a woman. "Hey! What the hell?" The woman asked, her comrades looking back at what had happened. "I'm.. I'm sorry. I didn't mean to, I was being chased by a monster and I was kind of blinded by the light coming from the cave exit." Trey tried to explain.

He noticed a person similar to his comrade Ryn, only his fur was blue. His ears began twitching, drawing an axe that was strapped to his back he stood in the battle position. Trey helped the unnamed woman to her feet, only to turn around to notice the beast had made its way out of the cave. "What was it you were doing in there?" A blonde haired youth asked, each of the 3 individuals drew their weapons.

"I just saw them dancing, then they got scared and turned into that." Trey said, holding Luna and Gaia in his hands. The unnamed woman drew two slashers of her own from their sheaths, standing next to Trey she pointed one at the beast. "Lets not waste time, lets take this thing out quickly, we have other plans. Oh by the way, what do you call yourself?" The woman asked, figuring it was a normal question Trey replied. "My names Trey, but lets skip the formalities, we got more important things to worry about." He said, Trey and the unnamed group charged the beast.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Snorb » Tue Dec 11, '07, 6:33 am

Ah, what the hell.

With fond memories of her aunt, Rose reentered the Tool Store, asking for a booth to change her clothing. A few minutes later, she headed outside in her dancer's clothes, her original clothing and most of her armor tucked in her bag. Her Crystal Cape remained around her shoulders as she looked at the busy street.

What was it Auntie always said? "Deliberation is preferable to haste?" Okay. Calm down, think. Remember.

She took a small step, and the Musik effect on her clothing responded with a dull bass tone. Another step, and an acoustic guitar played a stray note. After several more steps, a melody started to take form. One or two people glanced over from their errands, pausing a moment to watch the red-haired woman dancing in front of the store.

Rose twirled, spun, and danced, and with every motion, a crowd started to gather. A few 10 Meseta coins found their way into her shopping bag, tossed in by appreciative folk. With a smile, she removed her cape, using it as a makeshift scarf, catching Algo's light and showering the crowd with refracted reds, blues, and greens.

This lasted for about ten more seconds, before she bumped into a tall, surprised-looking man with purple hair. The Musik effect ended with the abrupt sound of a record being pulled from a phonograph, and Rose stumbled, trying to regain the balance she had before. The crowd dispersed, returning to their daily lives.

"Whoa, easy there," he said, taking Rose's hand before she fell backwards. "Can't have such a beautiful flower as yourself getting hurt, you know?"

"I... err, thanks," Rose replied, blushing slightly. Regaining her footing, she asked, "Did you enjoy the dance?"

"Of course!" The man smiled, still holding Rose's hand. "I'll be honest, I've been up and down the Motavian mainland, and I've never seen a dancer as lovely as you are!"

Rose returned the man's smile, not complaining as he gently squeezed her hand. "Thank you," she finally said, starting to lose herself in the man's chocolate brown eyes. "Nobody really compliments me about my dancing... it's been so long since I danced-"

"Nobody compliments you?! Well, how about this?" He took in a small breath, then said, "That dance was the most wonderful thing I've ever seen, and I'd be honored to tell all my friends about you... I just need a name to go along with the memory, that's all."

Hmm. Seems about my age, she thought. It's worth a shot.

"...Rose," she told him, her voice confident and courageous. "Rose Senelle."

"Aijo Jonetsu," he replied. Kissing the hand that he still held, Aijo said, "Listen, Rose, I've gotta get some sandworm hide over to Mile and Zema, but I'll be by in a day or two. If you're still in town-"

"I don't know... I travel all over Algo, to be honest," Rose sighed. "But, if I'm still in Nalya, then..." She gave Aijo a smile, gently tweaking the tip of his nose with her finger. "Maybe we can get some coffee, Aijo."

"Coffee would be nice. Thanks, Rose!" With that, he left, humming the song he had heard from Rose's dance.

Rose watched him leave, blushing slightly. He was pretty cute, she thought. Aijo seems nice enough. See what happens when you go with your instincts? Auntie Jhenna was righ... hey, how did THAT get there!?

There was a 500 Meseta coin gently placed in her cleavage. Fishing it out, Rose blushed, turning the coin over in her hands. "How did he do that?! I didn't even feel that!" she asked.
Snorb

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Dec 11, '07, 6:50 am

Shina found this as her time to get aquainted with her new world. Since Ryn was busy enough with his money, and would be a complete distraction, she quickly turned out of the pleasant house. She was lost though, and thought back to Aeido, and all the stores she had seen, not much to buy though, as she glanced down to her powerful armaments. She sat at a nearby bench, thinking about anything before SEED. Its the most puzzling thing, to be highly educated, yet not no the first thing about how or why. She looked around. Nayla was a quiet town, hardly a soul to talk to, and the only ones that would talk were obviously trying to sell something. She heard a tune. And looked around to find Rose dancing on the street, for what looked like money. She crashed and started talking to a man, who a bit later ran off, waving. She leaned back. It must be so easy for the people in this place, they know more than I do. Should I go back to SEED? Its too much of a weight having unanswered questions, and with that she vanished by Ryuka, to Zema, intent on finding SEED again.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Tue Dec 11, '07, 9:58 pm

Ryn had completely lost track of time. Be it the relaxing sensation of running water, or the density of the sandworm gore that had hardened to his already sticky, matted fur, he had fallen asleep for a good two hours. By this time, the water had gone cold which was probobly the reason he awoke. Oh well. At least he didn't smell like sandworm guts anymore.
The motavian punched the shower dial to "off" before furiously shaking his body, drying his fur as best he could. after all, it was pretty much futile to attempt to dry off with a towl when the majority of your body was covered in fur.
After successfuly transfuring the majority of water from his fur to the shower walls, Ryn dawned both platelegs and cyber-suit and resumed the dirty job of boiling the remaining sandwom hide.
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Dec 12, '07, 4:49 am

Sane finally made it to his destination. He entered the building and walked down stairs. When he got there he saw an old baker smiling at his sudden appearance. "Oh! A customer! What a surprise." Sane nodded. He walked over towards the chef and said, "Do you know where I can find Sane. Sane Terrace?" Sane questioned.

The smile on the baker faded as he said, "I know noone by that name, mister?" Sane looked at the man and said, "Terrace. Sane Terrace." Baker laughed at that remark and said, "I already told you I know noone by that name." Sane sighed and explained his situation to the Baker.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Snorb » Sat Dec 15, '07, 6:00 am

(Gaaah! Three more days without a post?! Will not suffice! >_<)

Still smiling as she watched Aijo walk off, Rose leaned against the shop's wall and sighed. I haven't danced like that since... not since Dad died. Seven years already. She sighed again, this time less content, then thought, I wonder what I'd be like today if Dad were still alive.

Glancing down at the street, she could see her shopping bag, with what looked to be a small pile of Meseta heaped on top of her armor and clothing. Carefully picking up the bag, Rose lifted its handle, shaking the money deeper into the bag so it wouldn't spill. Once she had her bag readied, she saw Shina looking at her from across the street, vanishing with the telltale burst of light from a Ryuka tech.

"Hey! Shina, wait!" Rose shouted, too late to catch the Numan before she vanished. "...Wonder where she was off to? Come to think of it, it's been a while since I've seen the others... might as well as-"

"Rose! Hey, Rose!"

It was Aijo. He ran up to her, breathless, his smile still present on his face. As he skidded to a halt, he wheezed, "Rosegoodnews! Itsgonnabeawhilebefore (deep breath) allthatsandwormhidesreadyand-"

"Aijo? Slow down a little!" Rose said, placing a hand on his shoulder. "What's going on? What happened?"

"Welliwasgonna-"

"Catch your breath first."

Taking two deep breaths to compose himself, Aijo hesitated a second, then said, "It's gonna be a while before all that sandworm hide's ready. Turns out my boss caught wind that a local killed this sandworm that burst right in the middle of Aiedo's Fountain Plaza! Seven hundred pounds of sandworm hide, at least, he said!"

Fountain Plaza? Aiedo? she wondered. That has to be the worm we fought!

"Anyway, my boss said it's going to be a few days before it's all ready- Ryn's gotta clean it, give it a nice wax boiling, then we gotta negotiate prices... so I've got some free time! Maybe we can get that coffee tonight?"

Rose blushed again, before saying, "Sure. I'd like that."

"Great!" Aijo gave Rose's hand another gentle squeeze. "There's a nice restaurant on the east side of town... you'll love it, I swear!"

"All right." Returning Aijo's smile, Rose added, "Just... let me go change first, all right? I don't think I'd meet that restaurant's clothing standards."

"Of course."

Rose reentered the tool store, found the changing booth, and put her normal clothing back on. Fastening her leather armor and crystal cape back into place, she thought, Ryn's in town. Maybe he knows where everyone else went. She strapped her knives into place on her belt, then left the store. Aijo immediately raised a surprised eyebrow.

"Yep. Definitely a Hunter," he said after a moment. "I can tell just by the way you wear your knives- blades pointed behind you, so they're easier to draw."

"You sound like you've got experience with Hunters."

"Hehe... I'd certainly hope so, Rose. Otherwise, I wouldn't be sure why they'd let me join the guild." Rose laughed, realizing that Aijo was a Hunter, just like her. "I've got a knife, but I really use rifles more often. The Mahlay family in Krup makes a pretty decent weapon."

They walked down the street, looking just like a couple that had been dating since their teens, talking about the guild- Rose mentioned the fight with the sandworm, and Aijo talked about being hired to guard its hide when it was to be shipped.
Snorb

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay