Phantasy Star I - IV Roleplay (Non-canon)

Adventures in board based gaming.

Postby Snorb » Sat Nov 17, '07, 1:51 am

Let's see... I should ask around first, see if any of the inns or hospitals took this guy in, Rose thought as she left the spaceport's tarmac. Maybe ask the armories... they could have sold him a sword or something.

Walking back into the main control tower, Rose saw a line of people standing in front of the registrar's desk, applying for various permits and licenses. The only one that caught her eye was a Motavian- and an unusual one at that.

Motavians are rare enough on Palma, she thought. But a black-furred one... and with knives? I thought they usually carried axes.

A sudden inspiriation then struck her: Her suspect might have applied for a permit for a weapon or vehicle. The licensing's pretty specifically questioned... at least there was one good thing about La Shiec's rule, she joked. Still smiling, she queued up at the back of the line, giving the Motavian a friendly nod.
Snorb

Achievements: 124

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Nov 17, '07, 3:45 am

She was having trouble finding her feathery little friend. She wasn't familiar with this planet, so she had no idea where the "registering booth was" She saw plenty of buildings, and and enormous amount of people, especially with the nearby shuttle that had dropped of so many. She noticed this time they weren't attacking her, unlike at Zema. Finding a short black motavian in a mantle would have been easy, had it not been for the tall parmans wearing mantles all around her. She was confused and wanted to head back to the landrover when she saw a small shop nearby. The store had a frenzy of claws, where men and women alike were trying them on seeing if this could be their weapon. "Oooh..." She walked over to it, trying on a few pairs herself. After she had browsed a good selection she saw the most decorated store selling fabulous Motavian outfits....
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 17, '07, 9:44 am

-= Ryn returned the firey haired womans nod before continueing. =- I'm afraid I've come upon a slightly embaressing situation.. you see, in order to register my veh...vehi.. -= Ryn fumbled over the new word, trying his hardest to form it. Ah, to hell with it. =- My contraption, I need to log my thumbprint. -= In mid-sentance, Ryn lifted his hands and revealed his thumbs. =- Which is impossible, as I have no print. -= Ryns hands returned to his belt as he spoke. =- So, would you mind if I "borrowed" your thumbprint? I'm sure we can sort out the details afterward. Heck, I'll even let you drive the damned thing if you want to. It's not as if I use it all that often anyway. -= Ryn suddenly recalled the various times he had crashed into mountains, fences, and even the occasional villiage. =- Under normal conditions, I wouldn't have even asked someone to help me, but I'm afraid my traveling companion has all but vanished in this dreaded sea of people. -= Turning back to the woman in charge of registrations, Ryn fumbled with the strange thumbprint scanner. =- I'm not quite sure how the device works, but I think you just press your thumb against the black panel... oh, listen to me getting ahead of myself. -= Reclaiming his manners, Ryn stood up straight. It was quite a strange sight, as the Motavian was just barely as tall as the woman in question. =- I am Ryn of Tonoe, clan of Dorin Tenagrau. -= Just as Ryn was ready to ask for the womans name, somthing caught his eye. A palman weilding a large dagger dripping with purple blood, being chased by security drones. The man in question was wearing the outfit issued to prisoners at Baya Malay, if he remembered correctly. The only reason he recognized the uniform is because he himself was held within it's walls. He couldn't remember the reason he was being held or how he was released, but he did remember the low-grade, blue coveralls. The blood slithering down the dagger was clearly Motavian, this much Ryn was certain of. As was customary, Ryn was taught to aid his brethren species. Ryn grabbed the red-headed womans wrist and darted toward the dagger weilding maniac. The man had clearly spilled Motavian blood, so he was now an enemy to Ryn. He glanced back to the woman in tow. =- You have weapons, can you use them?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 42

Postby Snorb » Sat Nov 17, '07, 8:20 pm

"Wait, what do you mean, 'can I use them?!'" Rose demanded, yanking her wrist free from the Motavian's grip. "If I couldn't use them, I wouldn't have them! Why do you-"

She noticed that the Motavian was glancing over her shoulder, following something with his gaze. Sidestepping next to him, Rose could see several Whistle-type security robots marching along. That in itself wasn't unusual- what was unusual was the man they were chasing- a blonde Palman in dingy blue coveralls, holding a purple-stained knife.

A man who looked exactly like the picture Clark had given Rose.

"Son of a Locusta," Rose cursed. "That's him. That's him." Turning to the black-furred Motavian, she then said, "You look like you've got an interest in him, too."
Snorb

Postby Heikabuchi » Sat Nov 17, '07, 11:41 pm

-= Still chasing the man in question with his new partner, Ryn shot the woman a glance. =- Actualy, I have no idea who he is. But he's clearly spilled Motavian blood. That makes him an enemy of mine. -= The sea of people before them quickly parted as they darted through the city, gaining on the man in question. =- Damni it all. To hell with this! -= The Motavian came to a sudden halt, swiped a hunting knife from his belt and took careful aim at the mans shins. =- Fall for me, scum! -= Ryn chambered his elbow, reared back, and launched the steel blade at full force. The weapon wizzed through the air and quickly impacted its target. The man in question stumbled, his shin bleeding from where Ryns' blade had peirced the limb. Ryn threw his arm up in success. =- Pao!! -= He did his best to catch up with the womans pace, but with all of the weapons mounted on his person, be found that he was just too heavy to run. =- Blast..
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Snorb » Sun Nov 18, '07, 4:44 am

Noticing the knife now buried in the prisoner's shin, Rose raised an eyebrow. Damn! He hit him from all the way back there?! That's an exceptional shot... not even an android can get accuracy like that! she thought. As she ran towards the prisoner, she could see that his speed wasn't terribly affected- Rose reasoned that the blade of the knife must have impacted bone.

"Sa Ner!" she shouted, concentrating on herself and the black-furred Motavian. Almost immediately, they were surrounded by a cyan light, and Rose could feel her movement immediately speeding up. There! That should be enough to help him catch up to this guy, she thought. As for you..."

Raising her hand, Rose then pointed at the wounder prisoner. "Gi Zan!" she shouted, summoning bursts of wind from her hand. The wind surrounded the prisoner, knocking him into a face-first skid, stopping just at the control tower's doors.
Snorb

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 18, '07, 6:08 am

-= He wasn't quite sure why, but his movements were considerably sped up. Oh well, all the better. THe Motavian sped for the man in question, arriving just in time to be met with a face full of wind. Wind... that was a joke. The Motavian people had long since evolved to adapt to harsh winds. Ryns transparent, third eyelid closed over his red pupils as he burst through the powerful winds. There was time to ask where they came from at another time. =- Don't make me hit you again.. -= The motavian snatched the titanium axe from its custom holsted mounted on the back of his cyber suit, hidden from view by his duster-length white mantle. Ryn aimed the broad head of his weapon at the mans neck, daring the parman to move an inch. =- Don't twitch. I might mistake it as an atempt to attack. -= It was then that he realized that the red-headed woman was standing just inches from him. He shot the woman a glance, his lipless beak contorting to a smile at the result og their combined effort. =- You have exceptional technique for a Parman. Where did you learn those techniques? -= Even as he spoke, Ryn knelt to retrieve his knife. The Motavian lodged a booted foot against the mans shin, gripped the knife lodged in the skin, and pulled the blade just as he kicked off the mans shin. Making a slightly disgusted face, Ryn wiped the parmans blood on his cyber-suit before housing the hunting-knife at it's holster mounted at his belt. =-
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Nov 18, '07, 6:24 am

Shina was busy with a small shopping spree when she heard a bit of a comotion from a nearby bunch of robots, her eye caught a glimpse of the man while her ear caught yelling. She quickly ran out to see what was the matter just in time to watch as a man ran by followed by a motavian in a mantle and a bright haired woman chasing after, not to long followed by a squad of security drones. Disappointed that she couldn't shop some more, she dropped the items and quickly ran to catch up. "Saner!" she said to move faster. It wasn't to hard to catch up with the slightly falling Motavian who suddenly glowed cyan before speeding up considerably. She was just behind him as she watched that woman cast GiZan, a pretty powerful technique meaning she was no average Parman. The apparent prisoner fell foward stopping just before another confusing building. She then was able to catch up to Ryn only finding him cleaning a dagger apparently that was logded in the man's bleeding foot. "So, who's your friend?" She joked.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Heikabuchi » Sun Nov 18, '07, 7:28 am

-= The Motavian stared down at the Parman before holstering his knife. =-
I was about to ask my freind here that exact question. All I know is that he either injured or killed another of my kind.
-= He then turned to Shina. =-
"I just remembered! I need you to register the 'rover' for me. Registration requires a thumbprint, somthing I don't have. You can thank Lashiec for that maravlous thinking there."
-= The Motavian swore under his breath before turning to the red-headed woman. =-
Are you a member of the local security?
Heikabuchi
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Postby Snorb » Sun Nov 18, '07, 2:02 pm

"Not exactly," Rose said. "Think more along the lines of 'Hunters Guild' and you'll be right. Name's Rose. Rose Senelle."

Moving closer to the prisoner, Rose rested her foot on his chest. "As for my Techs, that one I picked up off my father. The Sa Ner I learned from a dancer in Aiedo." She smiled at the Motavian. "Yeah, I've been to Motavia. Even Dezolis, once."
Last edited by Snorb on Tue Jan 8, '08, 1:36 am, edited 1 time in total.
Snorb

PreviousNext

Return to Roleplay