Phantasy Star: Hordes of Nei

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Phantasy Star: Hordes of Nei

Postby Fogeltje » Wed Mar 14, '12, 10:48 am

Yep, like I said, he's more like Rudo now, high amount of hitpoints (255) and good defense (although later on he is still relying on gear but his defense is pretty good).
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby myau56 » Fri Mar 16, '12, 10:07 pm

Rudo And Odin are really "near" on a physical base but their status are really different : Rudo is a far more strengthfull character.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Fogeltje » Sun Mar 18, '12, 11:20 am

Yes and Odin in Horde of Nei was modified to resemble that :)
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby myau56 » Sun Mar 18, '12, 12:36 pm

Odin and Rudo, same fight ! It's true that on the illustrations and with the Laconian Axe (an axe is often more massive and more impressive than a sword), logicaly Odin MUST have been more powerful but that isn't the case : it's a good choice in Hordes of Nei !
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Fogeltje » Fri Jan 25, '13, 10:42 am

*blows off dust*

Anyone ever played this since? I thought I'd give myself an evening off casual play. Wanted to show it to my brother. Of course I picked a Lassic fight...and got my bottom handed to me :mrgreen:

I had so many angry moments with this mod :x But it felt really satisfying beating it. Just the Lassic fight, it should be tweaked IMO, even at level 30 I had to use save states to beat him because otherwise odds are heavily against you.

If anyone decides to pick up this mod remember a few things:
- Don't rush things, you'll really need to grind levels before you can proceed.
- Don't be discouraged if Alis can't even defeat her first opponent. Keep reloading until you get a winnable fight. It'll take a lot of patience to get those first levels.
- Grinding to take on the Saccubus is WORTH it
- Level up to level 30 before visiting our pal Lassic, you're going to have a bad day otherwise. And even then it's hard.
- Once everyone is levelled up you'll have two characters with RISE: Myau and Noah/Lutz. RISE fully restored HP AND MP. Make use of that. Use your healing and attack spells, you'll need it. Don't save up for the final fight. If anyone is low, let them die and have either Myau or Noah/Lutz resurrect them. Once either Myau or Noah/Lutz is low on MP, let them die and have the other resurrect him. When going against a boss, make sure everyone is as full as possible (time it in such a way that all are near death. Have one or two die, rezz after fight. Let the others die in the next fight, rezz them and don't use too much (any if possible) magic in that last fight).
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby myau56 » Fri Jan 25, '13, 1:14 pm

Great advices ! I'll really try it sooner or later but as I don't like hard games, I don't think I'll go very far but...why not test it ? :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 26, '13, 4:16 am

I never did work my way through it. I don't think I would have the patience to do all the grinding required these days.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby myau56 » Sat Jan 26, '13, 8:16 am

Time is flowing down so quickly ! Same for me, I won't have time to really play it but I need to try it... (and surely I'll be stopping quicly, because of the difficulties ! :lol: )
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Lathais » Thu Apr 18, '13, 3:08 am

Hello fellow Phantasy Star fans. Not sure anyone reads this thread anymore, but I just read through the whole thing, lol. Lots of great info, thanks for posting it. I just started playing this today, so still outside Camineet grinding up a bit. I saw earlier in the thread you mentioned and had a link to a file that had all the equipment stats, is that something you still have? I already started one myself, though it only has like 3 items in it so far since I am still broke, so if you still have a copy I would greatly appreciate it, save me some time.

Anyway, here I go, embarking on what seems like is going to be a very very difficult journey. Wish me luck.
Lathais
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Apr 18, '13, 9:47 am

Hi Lathais, and welcome to the Fringes Of Algo! We are happy you decided to join us here, and hope you enjoy exploring the site. I wish you luck on your journey mentioned in your post above and hope it turns out not to be too difficult for you. Have fun! :)

Oh, and I'm not sure about the link you mentioned. I tried it myself just now and it didn't seem to work any longer. Hopefully, Fogeltje or someone else who may have some information will be in touch and respond soon in regards to that.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More