Phantasy Star Generations remake playthrough

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Re: Phantasy Star Generations remake playthrough

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jul 23, '10, 12:37 am

Anyway, Amy LV99. I'm now proceding to Mother Brain to make my final save. I'm done with the Generations remake for good now. Even with my total failure for Nei resurection, they were really great experience, and I highly recommend them to everyone who enjoyed the classic saga and would like to have a taste of what a true Phantasy Star sequel in 2D may look like. Sure the music is not the best, and some of the character design may not be as liked as in the original, but overall, they're a big step up from their predecessor. Considering they were budget titles, it's really a miracle we got something this great (even more when you look at some of the other early Sega Ages 2500 titles). With a true budget behind them, we could see the real resurection of the classic saga
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby xrick » Fri Jul 23, '10, 11:49 am

This is a real crap...
Yesterday night I reached Neifirst. Nei fought bravely but Neifirst was always using NaResta from time to time until she wasted all of Nei's TP on Deband and NaResta, as she learned NaResta on Lv62, just before Neifirst, what the luck.
Then Eusis came... And it was seemingly impossible to me to beat her as I forgot to stock on Trimates before going to Climatrol.

This morning, I decided to make the dungeon all over again after stocking up.
Just the miracle had to heppen this time!!! Nei defeated her sister!!! 1200+ Exp Points!!!
And then... :cry: Farewell forever, Nei... I'll never forget your bravery and ability to raise levels at double the speed of everone else...

Now, moving on with the game. I'll keep Amia for the time being. And there I go buy equipment for her... :(
Last edited by xrick on Fri Jul 23, '10, 11:49 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
Let's all join together on this cause, please!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 22

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jul 23, '10, 3:50 pm

Neifirst is a WAY LOT easier to defeat with Nei this time around. In fact, because of Shifta and Deban, I'll even say it's easier with Nei than with Rolf...except if Neifirst fully heal.
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby xrick » Sat Jul 24, '10, 6:19 pm

*!!!
I just entered Red Dam and I couldn't make even half of the place!
What level you recommend me to go through the Dams with ease?
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xellos667 » Sat Jul 24, '10, 6:41 pm

I don't remember sorry. Not that high since the Red Damn is the easiest of the bunch

In order from the easiest to the hardest

Red->Yellow->Blue->Green

If you can't tackle Red, forget the other ones for now.

Always bring a bunch of trimate with you, for long run where Amy can't support all the time
Last edited by xellos667 on Sat Jul 24, '10, 6:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby xrick » Sun Jul 25, '10, 12:16 am

I've just got the idea of trying to use cheat codes on the game.
Do you have an idea of where I may find codes for PSG:1&2?
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xellos667 » Sun Jul 25, '10, 3:35 am

No, I don't cheat in my games.
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby xrick » Sun Jul 25, '10, 11:14 pm

I'm really sorry to disappoint you, xellos, but I've found a way to cheat the game...
Through Cheat Engine, I raised my party to Lv99 and my Meseta to more than a Million.
This way I managed to breeze through the Dams with a certain ease, and believe me when I say I would lose interest in finishing the game if I hadn't done this.
Man, the random encounters were tons and the enemies were really tough!!!

Anyway, now I'm gonna finish the game so I can put both Generation Games to rest for a while...
Last edited by xrick on Sun Jul 25, '10, 11:14 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xellos667 » Tue Jul 27, '10, 11:12 pm

Part of the point of PSII is the difficulty since this is a game where you'll always be all alone against the most terrible odds, both in the story and the gameplay. This make every advancement an achievement and great victory against the force opposing you (and with Mother Brain as your rival, it means almost the entire Algo solar system)

So cheating to make things easier to a point where you can breeze through everything without any effort is killing at the same time the very point of this game. I'm sorry to say. It's not a race to the finish you know, you could just have took more time to beat each dam, little by little...That's how we all played it back then.
Last edited by xellos667 on Tue Jul 27, '10, 11:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby xrick » Wed Jul 28, '10, 1:05 am

I know that, and I respect your point, but I can't waste whole days raising levels to just advance a small part of the game. I have more things to do in life, and truth be told, I also wasn't too fond of the way the game was going through, I told beforehand that PS2/PSG:2 was my least favorite from the trilogy, and now I have more points to set it as that...

Anyway, gotta finish the game as soon as possible and be over with it.
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Classics