Phantasy Star Generations remake playthrough

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Re: Phantasy Star Generations remake playthrough

Postby xellos667 » Sun Jul 18, '10, 2:43 pm

yes, it asks you to save in one slot for a new game. though i wonder? imagine you dont have a generation 1 save file...what is the point of this cleared save file??? i mean, you cannot do the resurection, so it is not different than just starting a new game...is there any other bonus if you start from a cleared save??? and sorry about the lack of upper case, im writing this from my psp and got lazy...
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby xrick » Sun Jul 18, '10, 9:42 pm

Ah... I knew it... It might be some extra they had prepared for the PS4 Remake they had in mind back then...

Also, I'm in Zema, my party is around Lv20/40(Nei), I've just bought a Leather Knife for Anne, which was 4400 mesetas, in her other hand she uses a Glass Ermel or something, I'm with 500 mesetas and still plan to buy a Titan Armor for Rudger, which is 5600 mesetas.
You think I should get another Knife for Anne, or just that one is enough?

Also, where do you recommend me to raise more levels and meseta? I've been fighting outside Zema so far...
Last edited by xrick on Sun Jul 18, '10, 9:42 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
Let's all join together on this cause, please!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 22

Postby xellos667 » Mon Jul 19, '10, 1:19 am

I always buy her two. Later on, I sometimes switch for two emel because she become more of a full support unit (even more in this game), but that's really WAY later. As for leveling, go to the dump site. The Green-White slime there who are worth tons of XP and Meseta
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby PSP » Mon Jul 19, '10, 2:52 am

xellos667 wrote:yes, it asks you to save in one slot for a new game. though i wonder? imagine you dont have a generation 1 save file...what is the point of this cleared save file??? i mean, you cannot do the resurection, so it is not different than just starting a new game...is there any other bonus if you start from a cleared save??? and sorry about the lack of upper case, im writing this from my psp and got lazy...

There is no point if you don't have a PSG:1 cleared save. However, if you went back and beat PSG:1 at a later date, you could play PSG:2 from that file and do the resurrection. That's about it.

As for it being something planned for PSIV's remake, I doubt it. By the time PSG:2 was completed, it was probably known that PSIV wouldn't be remade.
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby xellos667 » Mon Jul 19, '10, 5:39 am

LV90 with Rolf right now. In the process of leveling up my first playthrough, I decided I'll be trying to do the resurection side-quest. So I've started my second playthrough. It will be a long, tedious and convoluted quest. I just hope that after I'm done with Climatrol, I'll be able to do it, else I would feel depressed of wasting so much time for nothing. Wish me luck...
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby xrick » Mon Jul 19, '10, 9:25 am

Good luck, man!!!

BTW Xellos, by dump site you mean the BioSystem Lab or Roron? I didn't quite get it...
Last edited by xrick on Mon Jul 19, '10, 10:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xellos667 » Mon Jul 19, '10, 4:55 pm

Roron

Anyway, I reached Oputa today, by talking, consulting, and backtracking a lot more than suggested. When I got there though I was rather shocked to see that no one wanted to give me the Silver Bullet Necklace, even with Rudo in my party. Something not clear in one of the FAQ I read though. Will the necklace be given to you by someone when you first reach Oputa, or you need to do Amy side-quest in Zema before, and then go abck to Oputa. It's really important for me to know, because I can't find a definite answer and I'm affraid of screwing up something...

EDIT: Forget my question. I passed the biosystem lab, and reached Zema. Upon doing Amy side-quest with the Trimate, I went back to Oputa with Rudo, and the conversation triggered, and I got my necklace. So I guess I'm on the right way. So far so good, but I have to be prudent not to mess the last half part before Climatrol...
Last edited by xellos667 on Mon Jul 19, '10, 4:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby xrick » Mon Jul 19, '10, 5:11 pm

Now I'm stuck... The Motavian in Roron speaks in a language they don't get.
There's a Motavian Ring at sale in this game as well, isn't it?
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xellos667 » Mon Jul 19, '10, 5:53 pm

you can find it in all the trade you do between the towns and roron. I posted that few pages ago in the topic. Just go read it again, because I can't help you more than that (it was already long enough to write back then, at least go aknowledge it since I wrote it at your own request). You just need to talk to everyone all the time in Kueri, Zema and Roron.
Last edited by xellos667 on Mon Jul 19, '10, 5:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby xrick » Mon Jul 19, '10, 6:05 pm

Man, I've talked with everyone in Zema and Kueri, and nothing about the Motavian Ring. Someone speaks of it in Zema but that's all...
This is to get the Ring to speak to the motavian that gives us the Jet Scooter...
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Classics