Phantasy Star Generations remake playthrough

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Re: Phantasy Star Generations remake playthrough

Postby xrick » Wed Jul 14, '10, 6:33 pm

Well, each one of us must have their Phantasy Star dream, hoping for it to become real...
I think I kind of understand your wishes.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
Let's all join together on this cause, please!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 22

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jul 16, '10, 12:50 pm

Anyway, my report for today. I'm done with collecting the 4 cards, and did the Red and Blue dam. Next step is Yellow. I'm always keeping green for last, since it's the hardest, so I can get all the equipment from the others Dam before. And since the Green Dam only hold shied&emel, I normally skip most of it and go right to the end.

EDIT: Yellow Dam and Green Dam cleared...but OMG!!! Parma exploded!!! I wasn't expecting that at all!!! (okay end of the sarcasm, after almost 20 years, I'm guessing it's no spoilers matter anymore).

But anyway, I finally on Dezolis today...LV44 with Rolf after 25 hours. All those robots on Motavia gave me a really hard time, I don't want to know what kind of hell awaits me once I start searching for Nei equipment later on :cry:

PS: The animated dezolis bunny in this remake are really...terrifying!!!

EDIT 2: As planned, I reached the first Dungeon with the Nei equipment (the one with the Helms). First floor, no problem...Second floor, total desctruction for my party. So I need to do a little bit more grinding :( Currently LV51 with Rolf (hurray, I went above the old cap...not that it means anything in this game...it's like being LV25-26)
Last edited by xellos667 on Fri Jul 16, '10, 12:50 pm, edited 4 times in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Jul 16, '10, 2:30 pm

Not for nothin', but I have a question:

Can you play Phantasy Star Generations without knowing how to read Japanese? If so, how difficult is it to get through the game despite it? And is the Generations game pretty much the same as the original?

I'm curious because if the game is playable despite my not knowing how to read kanji, then I'd buy the game in a heartbeat.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jul 16, '10, 3:00 pm

Phantasy Star Generation 1...pretty hard only by yourself, since there's a lot of things to do now to advance in the story. Including talking to everyone, everywhere, everytime (like I said previously), by sometimes having specific items. You even need to use consult command to trigger some things, And have to search at some random place to find important items. Plus every dungeon now have a special key which you need to also find to even enter. Overall, you'll get through by using some of the guide on the net, but without them, even with tons of trial and error, I think you'll be stuck at one point, turning in circle figuring out what to do. That's too bad, because when you're not stuck, it's a blast to play. The last stretch starting starting at Dezolis up to Dark Falz battle, I was able to play from memory (except for how to learn the "Open" spell for Lutz), and I was having so much fun

The second one though, it's pretty much the very same thing as the original. Except for the process on how getting the Jet-Scooter, you can play it with your memory of the original. And even for the Jet-Scooter, I was able to get it without using any guide. Just be sure to talk to everyone in every town, and you're good to go normally. Problem is, while the first remake is really an easier game (only the language barrier makes it hard), the second remake, while easier to play by memory is as hard, if not harder, than the original (even some of the dungeons got bigger and more confusing). If you can handle the difficulty of the original, than this remake is for you.

And by near the end of the second one, I must say it's really a shame they were never translated, because it feels so good to play some new official Classic Phantasy Star game with great 2D graphics, even if these are just remake they still feel like new games with all the improvements.
Last edited by xellos667 on Fri Jul 16, '10, 3:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby xrick » Fri Jul 16, '10, 3:09 pm

The brazilian gamer Orakio Rob is playing PSG:1 and making a board diary in gagagames, go check there, there's a lot of helps for the first game. The comments there also help.
Oh, the site is in brazilian portuguese, hope it doesn't screw you...

Here's a quick link: http://www.gagagames.com.br/?cat=594
Last edited by xrick on Fri Jul 16, '10, 3:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xellos667 » Fri Jul 16, '10, 3:10 pm

well, as most of the people here are english speaking persons, and have difficulties understanding another language like Japanese, I'm not sure if a brazilian site will help them much, but thanks anyway :)
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby xrick » Fri Jul 16, '10, 4:02 pm

Sorry, it was the best I managed to get to help with PSG:1.
And as I'm portuguese, it was a nice help not tough to get.
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby H-Man » Fri Jul 16, '10, 5:01 pm

I'm American, but I speak Brazilian Portuguese so I can probably handle myself there. Heh.
*H-Man as Chaz, looks at Rika, aka Paula* Chaz-Man- "Hey, I've been wandering around Motavia for quite a while with you now. It says in that weird blue box up there that one more battle with a sandworm and we can level up to husband and wife!"

Image Fringes Official Monocled Gentleman.

Image MADE A NEW FATE Achievement.
H-Man
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 110

Postby Otto » Fri Jul 16, '10, 6:47 pm

They are translating it to english too. Check the post comments here: http://gazetadealgol.com.br/blog/?p=660
Last edited by Otto on Fri Jul 16, '10, 6:47 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Otto
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 7

Postby xrick » Fri Jul 16, '10, 8:47 pm

Yeah, it's true.
Orakio is still on way to the Air Castle, only when he's beaten PSG:1 the final stage of the project (patching) will begin. I'm also waiting for him to finish the game, so they may crack all of PSG:1&2's contents...
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Classics