Phantasy Star Generations remake playthrough

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Re: Phantasy Star Generations remake playthrough

Postby xellos667 » Wed Jul 28, '10, 1:16 am

I'm sorry to say but if you only play a game to "be done with it" then what's the point of playing it? Just don't play it, go read plot summary on wiki, and just go check video on youtube or pictures on Google...your experience will be done much more quicker. If you play the game only to finish it quickly, then even if you have "others" things to do with your life, you're already wasting too much of it on the game because you don't like it anyway, you could do something better with your life. Like I said, the game is really not a race. I know some people beat PSII after months of playing, because they were doing it very slowly, without taking anything from their current life. Just doing a small daily routine of maybe playing 30 minutes here and there without rushing it and thus destroying their experience. So I still don't see your point. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Cheating will not make the game better for you, it will only makes it a less fun experience.
Last edited by xellos667 on Wed Jul 28, '10, 1:16 am, edited 1 time in total.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby xrick » Wed Jul 28, '10, 1:24 am

I'm a lousy player, it was getting too difficult to me to move on the game, too low exp for too much points to grow levels, the dams were tough as hell, even in Lv99 it was notable, and I was almost giving up on it. I'm playing it mostly because the vids are short and I'm taking snaps of the cg stills, as the ones I have are small.
It's nothing personal, just a choice of mine, don't take it seriously ok?

About the feeling of accomplishment, I felt it when I've beaten La Shiek and Dark Falz in PSG:1 one right after the another at Lv70, and at PSG:2, when I've beaten Neifirst with Nei. But to me that's enough.
Last edited by xrick on Wed Jul 28, '10, 1:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
Let's all join together on this cause, please!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 22

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jul 28, '10, 1:27 pm

xellos667 wrote:I'm sorry to say but if you only play a game to "be done with it" then what's the point of playing it? Just don't play it, go read plot summary on wiki, and just go check video on youtube or pictures on Google...your experience will be done much more quicker. If you play the game only to finish it quickly, then even if you have "others" things to do with your life, you're already wasting too much of it on the game because you don't like it anyway, you could do something better with your life. Like I said, the game is really not a race. I know some people beat PSII after months of playing, because they were doing it very slowly, without taking anything from their current life. Just doing a small daily routine of maybe playing 30 minutes here and there without rushing it and thus destroying their experience. So I still don't see your point. If you don't like the game, don't play it. Cheating will not make the game better for you, it will only makes it a less fun experience.

This. This message is gold. Xellos, you are one heck of a patient man. My hat off to you.

xrick,you come to a PS fan site, say PS2 is crap (not in so many words but this is how you make it sound), and then ask us not to take it personally, though you make it a duty to point out that by leveling this game at our pace, we don't have lives. Do you even realize how... never mind, I'm breaking my sacred rule no.1

Long story short, you're borderline trolling. If you don't like the game and how it's meant to be played, quit it and let us live happily with it.

Edit: For the record: "I'm a lousy player" doesn't apply. This isn't an online shooter, a racing game or a fighting game, it's a turn based RPG, you just pick "Attack, attack, attack, heal". You statistically CAN'T be bad at this.
Last edited by Aeroprism on Wed Jul 28, '10, 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby xrick » Wed Jul 28, '10, 4:41 pm

Wait wait wait!!! I'm not trying to make this a war!!!

First, I never said PS2/PSG:2 was crap, just said it was the least favorite from the trilogy;
Second, I never said you guys didn't have a life, I read posts with your life chronicles and how you manage it to have time to play your favorite games, I'm the one who's trying to hurry the game. In that point, it's my fault.

Making such counterstatements to me just because I'm hurrying the game with cheats, you guys don't give an opening to nothing. I'm enjoying the games and their story, PS2/PSG:2 has gained some points in my consideration but I still prefer PS1/PSG:1 & PS4 the most, sorry.
But the entire classic trilogy is really nice and I love it.

About the "lousy player", let's leave it like that...

"Long story short", I'm passing the classics to get a full grip on the trilogy's story, and I truly appreciate the help you guys have given to me so far. Just don't hate me for trying to make things easier on my side, please...
Last edited by xrick on Wed Jul 28, '10, 4:41 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Aeroprism » Wed Jul 28, '10, 4:46 pm

We don't hate you. This is not a war.

We're just justifying our point of view, same way as you are justifying yours. Albeit a little faster and more intensely.

And by "we", I of course mean "me".
Aeroprism
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 95

Postby xrick » Wed Jul 28, '10, 4:49 pm

Oh ok. Look, let's just forget it, ok?
The point of this topic was for people to post here about their experiences with the Generation Games, let's leave it like that, ok?
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Aug 21, '10, 2:39 am

xellos667 wrote:For a remake of PSIV to come out, Sega would have to care again about their classic series....which will surely not happen in a long time. The Phantasy Star Complete Collection was like to me another way to say "There, here's all your classic series on 1 disc. So now just shut up and jump into the MMO Hack-And-Slash wagon".

Multiplayer Online Action RPG with basic storyline and full of repetition = Easy cash, since people are competitive and like to grind and hunt rare to show off

Single Player story driven RPG = only cattle to the hardcore nowaday, except if you call yourself Final Fantasy.

The chance of seeing a Phantasy Star V, a TRUE Phantasy Star 0 or even a remake of Phantasy Star IV are close to zero. Just look at us, count how many community dedicated to the original saga stills exists??? Compare that to Online and Universe community...Even if it's sad, it's an hopeless battle

It's a damn shame that sega doesn't give a crap about the classic games. Instead they continue to release mediocre sonic games like 2006 or unleashed. :bang: :down:
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby xellos667 » Mon Aug 23, '10, 5:03 pm

I actually loved Unleashed, both the Wii, and HD (on PS3 for me) version. Werehog stages were ok for me, and the Sonic stage were actually amazing.
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Aug 28, '10, 9:22 am

xellos667 wrote:I actually loved Unleashed, both the Wii, and HD (on PS3 for me) version. Werehog stages were ok for me, and the Sonic stage were actually amazing.

The daytime stages in both versions are fantasic, which is why I'm looking forward to Colors. Sure, the Werehog stages are pretty good too, but they don't have the traditional Sonic feel, besides having rings of course.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby bloads » Mon Feb 7, '11, 10:55 pm

Any pointers on being able to purchase the Polymithril? I've gotten the Motovian ring already.

NM. Just talk to everybody, make sure you have everybody available to join your party from your house too.
Last edited by bloads on Mon Feb 7, '11, 10:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bloads
Newcomer
Newcomer

PreviousNext

Return to Other Classics