Phantasy Star Generations remake playthrough

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Re: Phantasy Star Generations remake playthrough

Postby PSP » Sun Jul 11, '10, 11:55 pm

You're right, my levels are a little higher. This is my "end game" save:

Still, far cry from Level 100.

As for how PSG:2 changes, there's not really much that happens. The story stays the same, there's no new dialogue, but you can get an 'ultimate' weapon for Nei and she has her own panel in the ending (though, again, there's no new dialogue).
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby xrick » Sun Jul 11, '10, 11:59 pm

Here's a correction...

Lv70, With ThunderStorm, FireWall and Blizzard Crystal Combos; Myau using Pauma, Walla, MuWalla and healings on the party; and Lutz using GiHewn; I beat it!!! Sayonara, Black Dragon!!! WOW!!!

PSP:
Thanks for the info of PSG:2, I kinda knew it was like that...
Also, you played it on the PS2? Is it on 640x480 resolution?
Last edited by xrick on Wed Jul 14, '10, 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
Let's all join together on this cause, please!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 22

Postby PSP » Mon Jul 12, '10, 12:12 am

xrick wrote:Also, you played it on the PS2? Is it on 640x480 resolution?

Yes, I modified my PS2 back in 2003 in preparation for the game. I was that psyched about it. Currently my PS2 runs into my Denon, via component cables, which is set to maintain original aspect ratio and upscale to 720p then goes out to my TV (which is a 768p Pioneer). The actual native resolution of the game isn't exactly 640x480, since all PS2 games have a margin for underscan on the sides, but it's close.
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xrick » Mon Jul 12, '10, 12:22 am

Yeah, it's visible here through the PCSX2 PS2 emulator (640x448), where I'm playing both games and really fine actually...

Since each of both games barely fill a CD, I decided to play it on the emulator, since with it I can take snapshots and make savestates (and how much I'm thankful for them lol)
Last edited by xrick on Mon Jul 12, '10, 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xellos667 » Mon Jul 12, '10, 12:45 am

A modded PS2 huh? Well as for me I went to most costly way, which mean just getting a brand new Japanese PS2 Slim...I tried them back then using *couchswapmagiccough*, but it was a real pain in the rear...It may have cost me some bucks, but at least it's easy to play now :)
xellos667
Android
Android

Achievements: 43

Postby PSP » Mon Jul 12, '10, 12:56 am

xellos667 wrote:A modded PS2 huh? Well as for me I went to most costly way, which mean just getting a brand new Japanese PS2 Slim...I tried them back then using *couchswapmagiccough*, but it was a real pain in the rear...It may have cost me some bucks, but at least it's easy to play now :)

Yeah, I never was a big fan of the slim PS2's because of the functions they removed, and my modded system has worked for 7 years now with no failures so...I'm happy with my investment. If it ever did break, I would probably just snag a Japanese unit though. I have a launch 60GB PS3, so all I really use my actual PS2 for is playing imports.
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xellos667 » Mon Jul 12, '10, 12:59 am

I'm not a tech-wiz, so I didnt followed everything that was removed from the phat to the slim. All I know is that the Hard Drive support is not there, which I don't care much. What other important thing is missing?
xellos667
Android
Android

Postby PSP » Mon Jul 12, '10, 1:09 am

xellos667 wrote:I'm not a tech-wiz, so I didnt followed everything that was removed from the phat to the slim. All I know is that the Hard Drive support is not there, which I don't care much. What other important thing is missing?

Err, I'm mixing up terms. They didn't really remove functions/features so much as the compatibility went a bit south with the PSX library. And since I gave my (also modded, and still working after 11 years) PSX to my friend's little sister...well, BC was/is important to me.

Plus, having seen the PS2 slim in person, it just felt...flimsier. The build quality didn't seem as good, and I recall hearing about reliability issues way back when.
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xrick » Mon Jul 12, '10, 1:22 am

I DID IT!!! Lv70!!!

I've beaten La Shiek and Dark Falz all at once!!! This is a record to me!!!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Postby xellos667 » Mon Jul 12, '10, 1:43 am

Congratulations xrick. I don't know which record you're talking about though :)

Anyway, I don't know if the slim PS2 is less reliable, but I sure love the fact that it's so tiny, so it's does not take much place. Plus I prefer the top loader...I dont trust my front loader from my Phat American PS2...I accuse him to have made some mark on some of my DVD :)
xellos667
Android
Android

PreviousNext

Return to Other Classics