Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

Talking Cat

Talking Cat

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, '12, 12:00 am 
Imagine Alis' surprise when the "rare animal" she obtained from a store vendor in Paseo by trading her brother's laconian pot begins to speak! This is Myau, a Musk Cat. His first close up captures an important element of the character in this game. He is much more expressive than in the original Phantasy Star. During the older game, he never speaks again after the initial meeting with Alis. A great number of new dialogue lines are added in Phantasy Star generation 1, filling out the feline's role in the story considerably.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, '12, 7:50 pm 
I think that a lot of dialogue lines are present for the other characters as well, right ? Hope ! It's great because you're right...in teh original, only 3 sentences (more or less) and that's all....:(

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, '12, 3:28 am 
Yeah, the others have more dialogue also. Odin has a couple of really long segments that I've seen. Lutz isn't a chatterbox from what I've seen so far, but the whole group in general interacts with each other more. For example, Myau might respond to something Odin says, prompting Lutz to respond to that. I'm really glad they all have more involvement, both in the story and with each other. It's a shame that couldn't be done back on the Master System's comparatively limited technology.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 21, '12, 9:38 am 
Yes, the limited technology of the master system, as the lack of character development at the time of the launching of the game is a real break to character "development"...unfortunately...:(

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, '12, 5:58 am 
Is it weird that this pic of Myau reminds me of Tails from Sonic the Hedgehog?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, '12, 6:12 am 
I don't think so. In some of these screens, it looks like Myau has two tails. I'm not sure any resemblance to Tails in this image would be accidental.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, '12, 8:17 am 
But where is Sonic ? ;) But you're right : in some screens/screenshots, Tails isn't far from it !

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, '12, 8:53 am 
Terrific picture of the musk cat!! Those eyes are beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 25, '12, 9:53 pm 
Blue eyes are so beautiful (it's why I have got brown eyes lol ;)) Nice tail too but can he fly ? :)

PostPosted: Thu Apr 26, '12, 4:43 am 
myau56 wrote:Blue eyes are so beautiful (it's why I have got brown eyes lol ;)) Nice tail too but can he fly ? :)

I agree the blue eyes on Myau in the pic above are absolutely stunning and beautiful. The eyes really are the 'heart' of this pic, in my opinion. I don't really think it would matter what color they are either since they are just so big, beautiful, and grab your attention. As far as flying, I would assume he can fly since he also is known to have wings at various times.

Page 1 of 2  [ 13 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next