Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 

Odin's Rifle Attack

Odin's Rifle Attack

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Mon May 7, '12, 12:02 am 
Now this may be the most useful weapon family in Phantasy Star generation 1. Odin's rifles are exceptionally deadly in random encounters. These automatic weapons strike all foes on screen, easily spreading damage across a line of four or five monsters. The per target is less than you would get with a single targeting weapon like an axe or pistol, but the extra shots really make up for it when facing a crowd. There is a chance that each shot can miss, separately of others landing. Even so, the rifles are very helpful in those deep, dark caverns. The first rifle is a Laser Gun found in Noah's cave that makes exploring those long tunnels easier. The expensive Gatling from Dezoris costs more than a Landrover, but packs a serious punch on Motavia if bought as soon as possible.

PostPosted: Mon May 7, '12, 4:07 am 
Odin: Ka-chick, baby. (readies the rifle)
Alisa: Oh, you got a new gun!
Odin: Sure did! Magnetic-accelerated miniature bolt gun, thirty rounds per clip, each bolt about the size of a pencil.
Alisa: I have no idea what any of that means. x_X
Odin: It means "Odin heart big gun." Lutz! Ready the target!
Lutz: (readies a LaShiec target) Odin, perhaps you should follow mine and Alisa's example and wear proper headgear-
Odin: Naaah! Ear protectors and safety goggles are for wusses! (raises the rifle)
Alisa: ...If you say so.
Myau: I'll just stand... out here.
Odin: *BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM BLAM CLICK* (He shot so much of the target all that's left is one scrap hanging from the hanger)
Alisa: Odin, aren't guns like these made to be mounted on a land rover?
Odin: What?
Myau: She said "Shouldn't these be on a car instead of a Palman?"
Odin: .....What?
Lutz: Odin? Did you just deafen yourself?
Odin: .......What?
Alisa: HE SAID, DID YOU JUST GO DEAF?
Odin: .....What?

PostPosted: Mon May 7, '12, 8:50 pm 
Nice as always, those sprites sheets. The rifles are new weapon in the Phantasy Star serie and I'm happy to be able to see it with my "own" eyes :)
Ah Laser Gun : this name is so great to my ears, bringing back some good memories.

PostPosted: Tue May 8, '12, 6:23 am 
lol Snorb! That was good. :)

Seriously, those sound like some heavy duty guns though.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]