Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Odin's Axe Attack

Odin's Axe Attack

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Mon Apr 9, '12, 12:10 am 
One of the great things about Phantasy Star generation 1 is that it is largely a sprite based game, just like the original game used as a basis for this remake. That means that not only can we have some great cutscene shots, but we can also have a few sprite sheets for attack animations. Our first such collage features the frames of Odin's axe attack. Odin has the most varied selection of weapons in the game, but he starts out with a basic axe like this one. Wielding this deadly weapon in one hand, he swings in a wide horizontal arc that deals a devastating wound to a single enemy.

For the next few weeks, our Featured Images will include a look at some sheets I have assembled from the game. I can't promise a complete selection of sheets, as there are some issues that make that difficult. That will be discussed somewhat next week, when we look at Myau's tusk attack.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 9, '12, 12:14 am 
Love this! I really want to see the game in action!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 9, '12, 1:31 pm 
Excellent ! Sublim work ! Fantastic ! Greetings ! Who made it ? Oups I saw that it was you Thoul so many many greetings ! Very interesting patterns indeed : to be continued :)

PostPosted: Mon Apr 9, '12, 8:45 pm 
They scrapped the "chibis", but these ones are fine too.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, '12, 12:32 am 
Odin: HunGRAAAAAAAAAAH~! (swing swing swing)
Alisa: Where's your shield?
Odin: I'm wearing it, don't worry.
Alisa: No, you're not. You're holding your axe with both hands.
Myau: And won't it be easier to just swing with both hands instead of just using your left one?
Lutz: Aren't you right-handed? Holding an axe in your left hand wouldn't make much sense.
Odin: I can still get another swing out of this.
Alisa: Ohhh no no no, that's fine, please don't cut off my twintails. ^_^;
Myau: I won't complain about you two-handing one-handing your axe. ^_^;
Lutz: And I won't bring up the issue of using your nondominant hand. ^_^;

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, '12, 7:12 am 
The chibi designs might have been good, but when I see sprites like this I am glad the game went in a different direction. This feels more like a traditional Phantasy Star. Although, I would have liked to see what kind of animations the chibi version had...

Quote:Alisa: Where's your shield?

Alisa's starting to read my mind! ;) I was wondering that same thing when typing up some of these.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 10, '12, 10:04 am 
SNORB : Well observed ! Strange that the patterns were so subject to such commentaries but that's a good thing !

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]