Phantasy Star generation:1: Beaten

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Beaten

Beaten

View Gallery Page

Phantasy Star generation:1: Beaten

Postby Thoul » Mon Feb 27, '12, 12:07 am

As Phantasy Star generation 1 opens, the first cutscene relates the fate of Nero. It begins with this still, where we can see Nero slumped against a building. Two soldiers have dropped him here, after beating him for nosing around in the business of King Lassic. The guards are wearing a dark gray armor, which does not match the gear worn by the soldiers stationed in Camineet and nearby areas. It suggests they might be from a different branch of Lassic's forces. Nero and his full body suit both look to be in rather good condition, not reflecting the serious nature of his injuries. This is a stark contrast to the original and Deluxe Edition remake, where he was covered in blood and his shirt appeared to be ripped open.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Phantasy Star generation:1: Beaten

Postby myau56 » Mon Feb 27, '12, 10:37 am

Two interesting reflexions that I had at first when seeing this screen : the robotcops are totally different from the one in Camineet and all residential areas so maybe it's Lassic's special squad against any resistance movement.
The fact that Nero isn't covered in blood is very strange because in the original we can clearly see blood (even if it's not so important) : or maybe it's BEFORE his real "crush" ?
The question that may be asked too is : where did this take place ? In Nero's house, On the streets ? In Camineet's residential area ? (the one where we can find the 50 mestetas then the Dungeon key).
Last edited by myau56 on Mon Feb 27, '12, 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Wed Feb 29, '12, 12:58 am

It's hard to pin down exactly where this would be happening. The scene doesn't really look like any of the in-game graphics. The pattern of rocks on the ground makes me think it's out in the streets of Camineet. The inside of houses are usually white, so I don't think this was in Nero's home.

They just skipped the blood in this game entirely. This is really the only look we get at Nero, aside from some close ups of his face. Maybe the blood was omitted for some reason involving the game's rating.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby jessie » Wed Feb 29, '12, 2:22 am

My guess is that it is in the streets in front of Alis's house, judging by the door he's in front of. maybe because this is in a more "realistic" rendering they decided to omit the blood. I like the Idea of Lassic's guards.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Wed Feb 29, '12, 8:29 am

I agree to you both : outside in Camineet's streets, maybe in front of Alis's house or another house. And maybe outside camineet's dungeon where we find the 50 mesetas but we'll never know !
About the blood, the rating is surely involved but I think it's a pity...but it's as the makers of the game have decided.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 9, '21, 10:12 pm

Bumping up this former image of the day.

Nero!
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Fri Dec 10, '21, 11:37 am

The poor Nero and soon the poor Alisa ! :(
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master