Phantasy Star generation:1: Gas Mask Vendor

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Gas Mask Vendor

Gas Mask Vendor

View Gallery Page

Phantasy Star generation:1: Gas Mask Vendor

Postby Thoul » Wed Apr 25, '12, 12:04 am

At the very end of the underground area beneath the small town of Drasgow, Alis and her crew find this man. His design is a variation of that used for other men in the same dungeon. The only difference is that he wears a blue outfit instead of brown. Fortunately for the team, he has a few spare gas masks to sell. These items are needed to reach the village of Sopia on Motavia, but they do not come cheaply. His asking price is 72,000 Meseta each. Obtaining gas masks for the whole team would cost a whopping 288,000 Meseta! Fortunately, he can be talked down to a considerably lower price of 7,200 total in exchange for a burger.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Phantasy Star generation:1: Gas Mask Vendor

Postby myau56 » Thu Apr 26, '12, 9:55 pm

72000 mesetas ! What a price ! It's far more expensive compared to the price of the Gas Shield in the original version !! And more than that, you need a GS for each of the four (legendary) adventurers Seems to be logical as, if you look closely at the original GS, it's fit only for one person.

And I want to ask you something : what is this "burger exchange" possibility ? And the new price, 7200 mesetas (divided by ten) is for only one GS ?
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Thoul » Thu Apr 26, '12, 10:10 pm

When you find the guy, he asks for a burger. I'm not entirely sure what happens if you don't have one on you. Burgers are pretty common, so I had some from monster drops or treasure chests already. I think he won't even sell the gas masks until you give him a burger, just like the Robotcop won't let you see the governor without a shortcake.

The 7,200 meseta price is for all four gas masks. He drops from 288,000 to 7,200, so I guess he was really hungry. You only have to pay that amount once and then you're ready to go to Sopia. This game actually calls the item gas masks instead of gas shield (if Google translate works correctly), which makes a little more sense in needing four of them.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby xrick » Fri Apr 27, '12, 1:32 am

It is the Gas Mask, the man will sell a full set of four masks for 72000 mesetas (This is a creator's joke to this situation from the original game, where the deal was for one single mask xD), Myau starts bargaining and after a few words the man drops the price to 7200 meseta and a Ruoginin (the infamous "Burger"). Orakio's Playthrough Diary from GagaGames discribes this situation nicely xD
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
Let's all join together on this cause, please!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 22

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 28, '12, 10:35 am

@ THOUL : thanks for the precisions ! All is (Gas) Clear()er (as it's the japanese name in the first PS if I'm not mistaken !! Gas clear) : a Ruoginin ? Yep ! Must have been VERY hungry ! Strange indeed but very interesting !!!

@XRICK : Thanks for your precisions too ! Ah OrakioRob has described it ? I'll take a look, even if I can't really read portuguese ! But Google traduction is here and I know someone who is able to able me (maybe you know him Senil from Gazeta de Algol^^).
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sat Apr 28, '12, 2:55 pm

Somebody could get hungry playing this game with all the talk of burgers and shortcake. :lol: :wink:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 28, '12, 5:49 pm

SS : Right ! A lot of food is present is all the games, especially in the first opus :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Jan 24, '22, 8:36 pm

Bumping up this former image of the day.

The gas mask vendor could get rich in this line of work. :lol:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby myau56 » Sat Feb 5, '22, 3:57 pm

A wealthy man to come ! ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master