Phantasy Star generation:1: Don't Die!

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Don't Die!

Don't Die!

View Gallery Page

Phantasy Star generation:1: Don't Die!

Postby Thoul » Mon Mar 5, '12, 12:00 am

Alis has found her brother, Nero, gravely wounded by Lassic's military thugs. They have thrown him out to die in the street, but Alis arrived while he clung to life. Now she pleads with him to hold on as tears fill her eyes.

This close up is overlaid on the left half of the previous still, in which Alis kneeled next to Nero, in the game's initial cutscene sequence. From this point forward, that still is completely obscured as Nero and Alis converse.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Phantasy Star generation:1: Don't Die!

Postby jessie » Mon Mar 5, '12, 12:43 am

A touching shot. I can't but feel it a bit odd. She seems to no longer be kneeling a his side, but rather a bit more standing and looking down. I love the detail of the sky in the background.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Postby myau56 » Mon Mar 5, '12, 9:10 am

It's kinda strange because if you compare this image/picture with the other one where Alis is kneeled next to Nero, she seemed to have taken two or three years old just between her previous kneeling pose and her "now"standing pose ! Am I the only one to feel that ?
But Like Jessie said,n maybe it's to show us her resolution growing : just after the tears will cease to pour, she'll be ready to fulfill her destiny that awaits....
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 5, '12, 7:05 pm

Great picture, but sad! I can see that some of her hair here is still up in the pig tails as in the other picture with her brother.
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby newsblade » Mon Mar 5, '12, 7:33 pm

Something is odd here. Did they change the actress between scenes?

myau56 wrote:It's kinda strange because if you compare this image/picture with the other one where Alis is kneeled next to Nero, she seemed to have taken two or three years old just between her previous kneeling pose and her "now"standing pose ! Am I the only one to feel that ?

I'm with you. Maybe the artist forgot how she was supposed to look like... or maybe they drew her wrong in the first image, where she looks like a little child. Or... two artists, perhaps?
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Thoul » Mon Mar 5, '12, 10:27 pm

Her age and perspective do seem to change between the two pictures, doesn't it? Nero is definitely looking up at her now, if you put this next to the last Nero image. Either something was very off in the kneeling picture or she's moved to a higher position somehow, for sure.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby newsblade » Tue Mar 6, '12, 7:25 pm

Thoul wrote:Alis has found her brother, Nero, gravely wounded by Lassic's military thugs. They have thrown him out to die in the street, but Alis arrived while he clung to life.

Yes, we can also see the sky from this perspective. So, this action, somehow, occurs on the streets of Camineet. The house doesn't look like a dome though. (and the streets are different from the in-game).
Last edited by newsblade on Tue Mar 6, '12, 7:25 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby myau56 » Thu Mar 8, '12, 3:35 pm

Yes, we are at last three to see the age difference between the two images ! Maybe a jump in the future ? ;) Where is Marty Mac Fly ? :)
Maybe two actresses too.
About the sky, now we are sure that the scene took place in the streets of Camineet.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 9, '12, 12:02 am

newsblade wrote:The house doesn't look like a dome though.

I think someone mentioned it might be outside the warehouse in another thread. That seems like a likely place to me. It's a more traditional cube shape in Generation 1, rather than a dome like residential buildings.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby myau56 » Fri Mar 9, '12, 10:13 am

Yes, saw it in the "Epic", the first Phantasy Star put in an epic, a novel by James Maxlow cf here :
http://www.phantasy-star.net/psu/epic/epic.html the creator of the Phantasy Star Pages (if I'm not mistaken !!)
Very good novelization, but I found that the end is a bit too "speedy Gonzales"...:( but very good ! If you never read it, I "command" you to do it !:)
The idea isn't for me at first hand so I want to give the credit to the right person ;)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Next

Return to Featured Images