Phantasy Star Generation:1 & 2 Translation Project?

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Re: Phantasy Star Generation:1 & 2 Translation Project?

Postby vontrapp » Fri Aug 20, '10, 5:25 pm

mk1995 you can always use pcsx2 ps2 emulator to play it, I would be greatly interested to see a full translation. I have seen the games but do not get very far since I cannot read anything :p
vontrapp
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 43

Postby Ranmakujo » Sun Apr 17, '11, 7:29 am

What a coincidence. I was working on a translation but ran into an issue. I'm able to read and alter the text but once the file is converted back to it's original extension and compressed back into .iso package, the program won't work. My guess is that altering the SLPM_623.63 file to a readable format, permanently damages that file even after converting the extension back to .63. That being said, it may be possible to alter that file, which has everything you need as far as script and arrays lists database script etc. I was able to see the whole list of weapons, armor, items, and names. I also saw some side notes from programmers. Anyway, you would need a compiler similar to the one used to create the game which would take some programming knowledge. Otherwise, the program will never take the altered SLPM_623.63 file. Since you're so interested in what I found, I will post some of the translation here.

I put asterisks to separate items. Don't know Japanese? Go ahead copy and paste this and put it in Bing Translator. Good luck if anyone gets any farther.

x ! ミ~ @ サウンドトラック * ルシアの鏡 \Lucia Mirror\ * ヘレネの首飾り\Helene necklace\ * エウロパの耳飾り * ウルカヌスの指輪 * コロナのカギ * 白竜のカギ * タジムのカギ * ヒールリング * 女のひとり旅読本 * ダモアクリスタル * エアロプリズム * ラエルマベリー * イクリプストーチ * カーバンクルアイ * ガスマスク * ハプスビー * ライトペンダント * 総督の手紙 * ショートケーキ * コンパス * パスポート * ロードパス * 秘密のモノ * ラコニアンポット * アイスデッカー * フロームーバー* ランドマスター * イアラのカギ * バルテボのカギ * トリアダのカギ * ナウラのカギ * ハシムのカギ * ミラクルキー * パルマのカギ * ポリメテラール * アルシュリン >> トランカーペット >> サーチライト >> スーズフルート >> デゾリアンリング >> モタビアンリング >> エスケープクロース >> ソルアトマイザー >> アンティパラライズ >> Antidote >> アトラス \Atlas\ >> トリフルイド >> ディフルイド >> モノフルイド >> トリメイト \TriMet\ >> ルオギニン >> ペロリーメイト>> キュアラクリスタル \Cyril Crystal\ >> ヒールクリスタル \Heel Crystal\ >> フローゼクリスタル >> タンドレクリスタル >> ヒューンクリスタル >> フレエリクリスタル >> ゴールデンタスク >> マーブルタスク >> シルバータスク >> クリスタルクロー >> アイアンクロー >> サーベルクロー >> ブロンズクロー >> サイコウォンド >> マジックスタッフ >> クリスタルロッド >> ロングメイス >> マジックステッキ >> ウッドケイン ソーサー >> カッター >> スライサー >> ガトリング >> マシンガン >> ライフル >> レーザーガン >> ヒートガン >> ニードルガン \Needle Gun\ >> ラコニアンアクス >> グレートアクス >> クレイモア >> バトルアクス >> バスタードソード >> アイアンアクス >> ラコニアンソード >> ライトセイバー >> セラミックソード >> チタニウムソード >> アイアンソード >> ショートソード \Short Sword\>> リッパー >> トゲリスの毛皮 シルクキルト >> 高級毛皮 >> ワイルドクロース >> 皮の腰巻 >> フラードマント >> マジックケープ >> シルクマント >> ライトケープ >> ホワイトマント >> ラコニアンアーマー >> ダイヤの鎧 >> スチールアーマー >> アイアンアーマー >> フレーム >> クリスタルメイル >> ジルコニアメイル >> チェインメイル >> ライトスーツ >> レザークロース アイアングラブ >> アニマルグラブ >> シルクグラブ >> レザーグラブ >> サイキックバリア >> レーザーバリア>> プラズマバリア >> ペルセウスの盾 >> プロテクトシールド >> アイアンシールド >> ウッドシールド ラコニアンシールド >> セラミックの盾 >> ボロンシールド >> レザーシールド >> SAVE データを上書きしてよろしいですか? メモリーカード(PS2)がフォーマットされていません。@Nフォーマットしてもよろしいですか? フォーマットしています。@N電源を切ったりメモリーカード(PS2)の@N抜き差しをしないで下さい。 セーブをしています。@N電源を切ったりメモリーカード(PS2)の@N抜き差しをしないで下さい。 セーブが終了しました。 ゲームのクリアデータをセーブしますか? ゲームのクリアデータをセーブせずに@Nタイトルに戻ります。よろしいですか? クリアデータをセーブをしています。@N電源を切ったりメモリーカード(PS2)の@N抜き差しをしないで下さい。 メモリーカード(PS2)が差さっていません。@Nゲームをセーブするためには230KB以上の空き容量@Nのあるメモリーカード(PS2)が必要です。@Nセーブをせずにタイトルに戻りますか? メモリーカード(PS2)の空き容量が不足しています。@Nゲームをセーブするためには230KB以上の空き容量@Nのあるメモリーカード(PS2)が必要です。@Nセーブをせずにタイトルに戻りますか? %s@N230KB以上の空き容量のあるメモリーカード(PS2)@Nを差して○ボタンを押してください。@N×ボタンを押すとセーブを中止します。 strlen %d
Ranmakujo
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 12

Postby Kyence » Thu Dec 8, '11, 2:18 am

Hello,everyone! This is my first time posting here. I have been a member of the the pscave forums for a while. I have been a PS fan since the Master System days. I have had the Generation:1 and 2 PS2 discs for years myself. This past year, with orakio_rob's help, the encryption for the text was decoded by his team. Since his team is based in Brazil, I have been busy translating the Japanese into English. I have also figured out how to enter the decompressed text into the game and not break it,not to mention playing with lots of pointers to allow more spaces for item names (it maxes at 9 due to menu design). Since Japanese is not my strongest language,it has taken me a while to get through Generation:1's text, but I am happy to say that I am translating the "consult" text , the last of the text I need to translate,and will be soon be encoding it into the ISO.Lots of SHIFT-JIS and hexcode that will take a while, I am sure.

I have peeked at the Gen:2 data and it has way more text and pointers; it definitely needs a team effort to divide the work,but it is possible.

I think I have some old screenshots;note that I will make more use of the character facesets so that they are used during dialog as per PS4. I'll see if I can upload them.
Kyence
Newcomer
Newcomer

Achievements: 7

Postby xrick » Sun Apr 29, '12, 10:14 am

To anyone interested that doesn't know yet, Kyence's project has been advancing fairly well, she's more active with her translation updates on PSCave, here: Phantasy Star Generation:1 English translation project
Gathering people interested in voicing their wish of seeing the PSTrilogy completed, namely PS4Remake done, and localised outside Japan, check here please: Phantasy Star Generation Trilogy Misc Stuff
Let's all join together on this cause, please!
xrick
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 22

Postby myau56 » Sun Apr 29, '12, 11:19 am

Ah thanks for the link ! I was aware of this fan translation but didn't have time to continue during those last months ! Thanks a lotXRICK and KYENCE and welcome on the site !!! I'll try to see it soon :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby jessie » Sun Apr 29, '12, 3:18 pm

This all sounds fantastic! I am giddy with anticipation. I know it will not happen overnight, but i do have a lot of patience.
All men dream: but not equally. Those who dream by night in the dusty recesses of their minds wake in the day to find that it was vanity: but the dreamers of the day are dangerous men, for they may act their dreams with open eyes, to make it possible.
ImageImage
ImageImage
jessie
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 39

Previous

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More