Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
PostPosted: Mon Apr 5, '10, 3:10 am 
So, after sitting on these games for 5-7 years, I'd like to work on possibly getting a translation project up and running. Given that these are budget titles, I doubt there's much in terms of encryption. Still, I'm clueless when it comes to PS2 hacking so help would be appreciated.

My main goal at the moment is simply to dump the scripts so they can be translated and once that's done (which will take awhile in and of itself), we can look into how/if a patch is viable.

Any takers?

-Corey

PostPosted: Mon Apr 5, '10, 4:36 am 
If I knew more about hacking I'd help you but I don't.. I'm limited on my Japanese really, as my Phantasy Star Generations I walkthrough is on a hold for the time being.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 5, '10, 1:57 pm 
I'd love to help, but I'm in the same boat: I know next to nothing about hacking. The most I can do is support the project by giving you a place to discuss it and hosting any eventual patches.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 6, '10, 5:19 am 
I've been dying for fan translations of these games. If you run into any translation problems, let me know and I can pass them along to one of my friends. She's a linguistics major with a minor in Japanese.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 9, '10, 7:17 am 
PSP wrote:Any takers?

"Maybe".

I haven't done any PS2 hacking, but you have to start somewhere. Many of the concepts translate from other platforms.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 10, '10, 12:38 am 
Tanith wrote:I've been dying for fan translations of these games. If you run into any translation problems, let me know and I can pass them along to one of my friends. She's a linguistics major with a minor in Japanese.

Ah, that's so cool~ I wish I went for something like that, it sounds so fun~

While I can't translate or hack, I'd be happy to edit the scripts for you if you need it. Though I'm not the greatest in that, either. >>

PostPosted: Thu May 20, '10, 3:15 pm 
Looks like someone's working on it..

http://celestorion.newgrounds.com/news/post/399860

PostPosted: Thu May 20, '10, 3:22 pm 
That's good news. I'm sure everyone who owns a copy of Gens 1 and 2 will be eager to play it once it's completed. And welcome to the Fringes. :D

PostPosted: Fri May 21, '10, 6:56 am 
Too bad though that it doesn't seem like it's going to be a patch for the PS2 version. From the looks of it, that guys remaking the game VIA RPG Maker XP. IT looks that when he's done he wants to try and do it to PSII as well.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 18, '10, 3:03 pm 
I know a bit of Japanese, so I think I could lend a hand for the translation process.

On the dark side, I have absolutely zero knowledge of hacking, let alone PS2 hacking. But if this project should ever get done, I hope to be able to play it on mine. Does anybody know if I could play Japanese games on my European PS2?

Page 1 of 2  [ 16 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next