Phantasy Star for Japanese VC this April

Quest for justice and vengeance with the beginning of the saga.

Phantasy Star for Japanese VC this April

Postby hugues » Fri Mar 27, '09, 8:39 pm

Good news everyone:
http://www.vc-reviews.com/news/2009/03/japanese_virtual_console_list_april_2009

This almost certainly means it will be released in the US and Europe as well. It's nice to see Majora's Mask finally coming out too.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Postby Thoul » Sat Mar 28, '09, 3:14 am

That's great news! I was beginning to wonder if they planned to release Phantasy Star at all, given how long it's been since the others. And seeing another Zelda is always nice, too. I never did finish Majora's Mask, so maybe this time I will.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lucas » Sat Mar 28, '09, 1:23 pm

Awesome news :wink:

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Rudo » Sat Mar 28, '09, 9:51 pm

Alright!!!!!!! Thanks, mate. You made my day. :)
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Lemina » Sun Mar 29, '09, 2:19 am

:hyper:
That sums up my feelings. :hyper:

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby PSP » Wed Apr 1, '09, 3:53 am

While I'm always happy to see the series get the recognition in deserves, I'm sad to see nothing more than constant reissuing of the old material. Especially given the slapdash quality that a lot of the ports have (sound problems that PC emulation solved back in 2001, etc.). I, for one, would love for Sega to invest time in actually making something worthwhile that hasn't had such a wide array of releases as the original games.

Phantasy Star Generation: 1&2 perhaps? Extremely simple games, now out of print, that I believe could be relatively easily made into PSN/Xbox360 downloadable games. Maybe even Wii disc games, given their status as non-HD titles.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

Postby LordShibas » Wed Apr 1, '09, 2:56 pm

PSP wrote:While I'm always happy to see the series get the recognition in deserves, I'm sad to see nothing more than constant reissuing of the old material. Especially given the slapdash quality that a lot of the ports have (sound problems that PC emulation solved back in 2001, etc.). I, for one, would love for Sega to invest time in actually making something worthwhile that hasn't had such a wide array of releases as the original games.

Phantasy Star Generation: 1&2 perhaps? Extremely simple games, now out of print, that I believe could be relatively easily made into PSN/Xbox360 downloadable games. Maybe even Wii disc games, given their status as non-HD titles.

-Corey

I agree with this. Why not bring over one of the Generation games that have never appeared in the US. These are the same old recycled games over again, and why would I pay for the game again when I already have it on a different media. Oh yeah, it's simple to make the original game downloadable, but it takes time and effort to translate a story from the Generations games, or say screw it and make PS V already. Stupid Sega.
LordShibas
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 9

Re: Phantasy Star for Japanese VC this April

Postby ThugsRook » Thu Apr 2, '09, 4:13 am

while its always good to see Pstar released in any form..... um yea, gen1&2 in english please! :fiery:
ThugsRook
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 15

Re: Phantasy Star for Japanese VC this April

Postby Thoul » Sat Apr 4, '09, 3:35 am

I'd love to see something new as well, but anything is better than nothing. The Generations games seem like a perfect fit for the Wii (perhaps even with the Classic Controller or GameCube instead of the remote). Sega of America just doesn't seem motivated to revisit the original spirit of the series any more.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Phantasy Star