Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ] 

Elephant

Elephant

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, '11, 12:00 am 
The Elephant, and near relative, Mammoth, return in Phantasy Star - Deluxe Edition as strong foes that Alis and her friends must overcome. They are not very different from their Phantasy Star design. A jewel has been added to the forehead. The upper tusks are much larger and now grow skyward, instead of pointing down as small mirrors of the lower tusks. Aside from these small changes, the creatures are almost identical to the original incarnation.

Here are a couple of fun facts regarding the Elephant. In internal documentation, the game refers to this monster as "bignose." ;) Also, while developing and testing the English translation patch, the Elephant is one foe I never encountered during the course of the game. It might not appear during play at all! The Mammoths are definitely present, however.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, '11, 6:19 pm 
Interesting facts. Yeah, I can see why they would call it "bignose". :lol:

PostPosted: Thu Jun 16, '11, 11:01 pm 
I believe the biomonster Igglanova was based on that "bignose" DNA.

ImageImage

At least the colours, shape of "nose" and shape of "tusks" are there.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 18, '11, 9:26 am 
It does look very similar, just with inverted colors. I would almost think the similarity is coincidence after playing Hugh's text adventure, but those colors just stand out too much for that.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, '11, 6:26 pm 
I wonder what the upward-curving tusks are for.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, '11, 7:44 pm 
If this were a smaller animal, I'd say they could be for headbutting things... but I don't think an elephant would tusks to do damage that way.

Page 1 of 1  [ 6 posts ]