Phantasy Star Complete Collection

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Postby Aze » Fri Mar 28, '08, 1:20 am

Seems the soundtrack 4 cds can be bought in some kind of a special pack including PSCC here starting tomorrow:
http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-43-77-1-49-fr-15-phantasy+complete-70-2jzo.html

or alone here in this french eshop:
http://www.gameswave.com/shop.php?Ref=CDAJPNF-CD-PSC
Aze
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 17

Postby Lemina » Sun Mar 30, '08, 7:04 pm

Aze wrote:Each game has its own gallery and sound test. It's about 50 pictures per game.

Per game? Cool!
newsblade wrote:maybe the "talk command" could become more like "Namco's tales series"

XD That would be cool to have the characters have voice acting and different expressions that the Tales games have in their "skits." Alas...

Anyway, from what you guys have said; this Phantasy Star collection seems to be just another rehash of the old PS games. It is a wonderful opportunity to get all the PS games in one package and be able to play that said package on a current gen system though. ^_^

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Postby Aze » Sun Mar 30, '08, 8:30 pm

The real deal is the soundtrack that came out this same day:
http://www.vgmdb.net/db/albums.php?id=7010

It is true that for someone not having any emulator and just a PS2, it's a must but.............. if you ever play phantasy star generation 1 or 2, you would be regretting Phantasy Star Trilogy has been cancelled 3 years ago. It should have contained PSG1, PSG2 and PSG4 (unreleased, and probably never to be) all translated in english.
Aze
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 17

Postby newsblade » Sun Mar 30, '08, 10:38 pm

"Phantasy Star - 1st Series Complete Collection" brought, for the first time, all OSV tracks from the 4 PS classic games. It also has a bonus track in CD1 that can be listened in "Megadrive Super Fan - vol. 2" and two versions of Phantasy Star II OSV (the Japanese and the Overseas). While the Japanese seems to possess a better quality in sound/instruments, the Overseas have a less lowder "beat" which for the lovers of the melody (instead of the percussion) or simply for the ones who are used to the Overseas version (like us) will be very happy. Instead of choosing they placed the two versions which in my opinion was the right choice.

I've played the game on a real PS2 this weekend and liked it! I like it very much!
For the first time we can have all 4 Phantasy Stars in one single disc and in a format that will long last (PS2 can be read on a PS3 and so on...). You can play the Japanese version, change to a start new American version game, and then change back to where you were in the Japanese version. In this way, people who understand both Japanese and English can compare the differences between the two versions.

Besides those 2 versions (US and Jap) we can also experience the European version (or at least the version I played in my old megadrive). If you have breaker pro (to play foreign games) and choose PAL format, the tempo of the music will be reduced by 15% and believe me, it's a totally new experience, because the soundtrack becomes (in my opinion, of course) much better. The BGM becomes much more evolving and it gave me good memories which an emulator cannot give (unfortunately, this can only be experience if you have a breaker pro).

There are some rare pics for both PS2, PS3 (PS3 possesses the best ones) and PS4, but overall they gave us less material than the GBA version. The sound test is good idea - we can listen all the songs without complete any game. The in game save options seems to remain the same, although they give a menu save state were we can save anywhere. There are a lot of graphic options especially on PS1. I played the games on a projector and graphics seemed a little better than the ones from "Sega Megadrive/Genesis Collection"... but I could be mistaken. I've also compared this version to the emulated ones (genesis roms)... and I never imagined that roms were so pitiful. Really, it's not the same, playing this PS2 release in a real PS2 is a welcomed experience.

I think they should have released this PS Collection for PSP for a portable experience.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Celeith » Sun Mar 30, '08, 11:05 pm

sega will milk these games even more eventually.. probably go the way of Square and make each game individually for the psp or something if they go portable and not update the graphics, add just a few monsters, and put in a stupid dungeon that noone will really care about.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 1, '08, 7:00 pm

Good news! Adventure and Gaiden are on the Complete Collection after all! They're a hidden bonus. Hold right on the D-pad when pressing Start at the title screen. That unlocks them at the end of the list of games, after the Text Adventures.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Tue Apr 1, '08, 9:19 pm

>.>
Last edited by Celeith on Tue Apr 1, '08, 10:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby newsblade » Tue Apr 1, '08, 9:59 pm

I hope that isn't an April fool joke...
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Celeith » Tue Apr 1, '08, 10:37 pm

most likely it is >.>, fun times people fun times
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby PSP » Wed Apr 2, '08, 12:29 am

Whee, it's fun being quoted! *points to initial post*

Anyway, I should have PSCC this week. I ordered the Sega Direct version from NCSX. I don't expect much, but since I already have nearly everything vintage PS (the original games, the PS2 remakes, the Compendium, the Saturn collection, the World of PS book) I had to complete my collection ;p

I'm resisting the urge to download it in the meantime.

-Corey
PSP
Explorer
Explorer

Achievements: 20

PreviousNext

Return to Other Classics