Phantasy Star Complete Collection

Continue the story of Algo in side story, remake, and collection games.

Postby newsblade » Wed Mar 26, '08, 7:58 pm

I hope I'm wrong but I'm very positive it only contains:
- PSI-IV
- PSIus-PSIVus
- the 8 text adventures
- extras: expanded art galleries, diffulty levels (normal, easty, very easy), movent speed (normal, boost1, boost2), PS3 with more savespots

It may include:
- Graphic display options
- Soundtest
- More save slots for PSI, PSII and PSIV

It won't include:
- PSgaiden
- PSadventure
- PSgen1
- PSgen2
- PSI deluxe edition
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Aze » Wed Mar 26, '08, 9:54 pm

Can be downloaded on mininova!

I will tell you in a few minutes exactly, what's in the game.
Aze
Citizen
Citizen

Achievements: 17

Postby Aze » Wed Mar 26, '08, 11:48 pm

It contains :
- Phantasy Star 1, 2, 3 and 4 in both Japanese (press select and change console type to SegaMark3 or Megadrive) and English (press select and change console type to MasterSystem or Genesis)
- Phantasy Star Text Adventures (you can select any of those instead of the console type with select) only in Japanese
- Sound Tests and Galleries for all of those games

... it's a shame if you ask me, not worth buying, an emulator is better. Where are the promised remakes of all 4 Phantasy Star games? Sega still makes fun of Phantasy Star fans.
Aze
Citizen
Citizen

Postby newsblade » Wed Mar 26, '08, 11:54 pm

- By the way, how many slots for PS1, PS2, PS3 and PSIV respectively?
- Does the sound test have every game in the list (I mean PS text adventures tracks too?) Or just PSIV, PSI, PSIII, PSII and PSIIus?
- How many images for each game does gallery have?
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Thoul » Thu Mar 27, '08, 12:21 am

Aze wrote:Where are the promised remakes of all 4 Phantasy Star games? Sega still makes fun of Phantasy Star fans.

Yeah, we're never going to get those. They weren't going to remake PSIII anyway, but they dropped the PSIV project after parting ways with the outsourced developers that make the first two remakes.

Since they added those other versions I think they should have included the PS1 Deluxe Edition too

That would have been nice, but I don't know if it would even run on a PlayStation. It was built for mobile phones, so maybe it requires something unique to those? I don't really know much about the technology behind that one.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Aze » Thu Mar 27, '08, 12:25 am

I think there are 4 slots per game.

Each game has its own gallery and sound test. It's about 50 pictures per game.

Will try to open the game files with Dkz Studio to extract them.

EDIT: didn't work, trying Game Graphic Studio now........
Aze
Citizen
Citizen

Postby newsblade » Thu Mar 27, '08, 1:05 am

That would have been nice, but I don't know if it would even run on a PlayStation. It was built for mobile phones, so maybe it requires something unique to those? I don't really know much about the technology behind that one.

I don't know either but if emulating was problematic for that game they could simply port it (re-write software to make it compatible). I remember Sonic game packs for PS2 emulated all GameGear versions and ported the PC version of Sonic CD (because they couldn't emulate SegaCD version correctly)... in short, if they were more dedicated they would do it (they even haven't added gaiden nor adventure!)

Personally I don't mind PSIV not being remade. It probable would became worst than the masterpiece it already is. I think PSIII was the game that needed the remake... there's a lot it could be done with it. But what I really liked was PSgen1 and 2 translated into English (I hope someone starts a project of it soon)

Each game has its own gallery and sound test. It's about 50 pictures per game

Cool! I always wanted to rip text adventures osv
Last edited by newsblade on Thu Mar 27, '08, 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Postby Aze » Thu Mar 27, '08, 1:37 am

My last reply got deleted because it explained how to run the game with an emulator and download it. For those who missed it......... figure it out yourself.

Honestly, you'll have more fun with a normal emulator and basic games where you have unlimited saves whenever you want while playing.
Aze
Citizen
Citizen

Postby Shinuzzo » Thu Mar 27, '08, 9:00 am

There's not really a lot you can add to PS IV without messing with the plot. Maybe some more guild missions and a bonus dungeon when you beat the game. Plus a way to bring back Alys if you can beat Re-Faze with a full party. Still it would be more like PS IV Special Edition then a re-make.
Shinuzzo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 25

Postby newsblade » Thu Mar 27, '08, 1:34 pm

- 4 slots are not enough... why didn't they make 40 slots?

There's not really a lot you can add to PS IV without messing with the plot. Maybe some more guild missions and a bonus dungeon when you beat the game. Plus a way to bring back Alys if you can beat Re-Faze with a full party. Still it would be more like PS IV Special Edition then a re-make.
I totally agree. I even like the manga strips the way they are, so I'm not even asking for anime scenes... maybe the "talk command" could become more like "Namco's tales series" with the same voice casting that performed "PS:sealed memories" (of course if the remake outside of Japan would had an occidental voice cast dubbing it, so I better forget about the talk command).
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

PreviousNext

Return to Other Classics