Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 

Scalpel

Scalpel

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Fri Sep 14, '12, 12:09 am 
Perhaps the strangest weapon of all in Phantasy Star II is the scalpel. Usually when we see this term, we think of a very small knife. Scalpels are used by surgeons and hobbyists for precision cutting. These tools are certainly sharp enough to be used as a weapon, but their tiny sizes would give the impression of being a very impractical weapon to carry into a wild battlefield. Even so, Amy and Hugh can do just that. Their medical training also allows them to use these blades more effectively than a standard knife, resulting in higher damage numbers.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 17, '12, 7:12 am 
Ouch, somehow, that is just painful to look at. Small, but can be deadly. Good weapon.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 18, '12, 3:06 am 
A scalpel is definitely something to reckon with- I've accidentally drawn blood with similar tools while working on stuff. There is a downside to the design, though; in order to be that sharp, the blade has to be very thin, so it's gonna be prone to breaking, specifically right where the handle starts. It also has a very aggressive angle ground into it for cutting, so it will also require more frequent sharpening and maintenance than a normal knife.

But on the other hand, a rusty scalpel might just be right to finish a creature off....

PostPosted: Wed Jan 2, '13, 10:37 am 
A Scalpel as a weapon in a RPG ? That's surely one of the rer games where you can have this ! But why not ? As some people have said, a scalpel can be very sharp, easy handling and more of that...look at the people who can handle it ? Amy and Hugh ? PProbably the "wakiest" characters of thee game ! So that is a good choice for them..
(And I can magine this weapon for ME if I was by any means wandering in a video game RPG, as I'm very weak too LOL :rofl: ;) )

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]