Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ] 

Escapipe

Escapipe

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, '11, 12:04 am 
Many of the basic items adventurers might find while travelling in Phantasy Star III are pictured in the game's manual. The Escapipe is an ocarina that is used to play a short musical tune capable of quickly transporting one out of a dungeon. They have a very limited range of teleportation, but it is always a good idea to carry an Escapipe when venturing into a new cave or tunnel. It provides an avenue of escape if you find yourself in over your head. Phantasy Star III has a rather infamous game breaking bug associated with the Escapipe, as well.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, '11, 2:42 am 
An ocarina of sorts! Who would have known?

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, '11, 2:56 am 
I never visualised a escapipe like that !!! wow, thats weird! But its a great Idea though ^^

PostPosted: Wed Dec 14, '11, 9:57 am 
This PS3 Escapipe looks like PSIV's Telepipe.

(It also looks like a kidney)

Last edited by newsblade on Wed Dec 14, '11, 9:57 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, '12, 2:17 am 
Whoever drew these items must've used the PSII manual as a guide, because this looks like the escapipe from PSII's manual. Some of the other items have striking similarities as well. It's a nice nod towards continuity.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, '12, 3:37 am 
newsblade wrote:(It also looks like a kidney)

It really does, don't you think? The organic look is very odd for a musical instrument of this type. It makes me wonder what material was used to fashion the ocarina.

PostPosted: Sun Jan 22, '12, 11:08 am 
Ocarina of time ? (fast forward on the exit of the dungeon you are inside^^) : It's true that this one ressemble to the Phantasy Star II escapipe, even if this last one is longest in shape, and seems to be like a little fire weapon like a shot !
Kidney ? just saw what it was exactly because I din't know. The material ? maybe leather ?

Page 1 of 1  [ 7 posts ]