Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 

Emel

Emel

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Mon Dec 12, '11, 12:06 am 
In Phantasy Star II and Phantasy Star III, the female characters can be equipped with defensive gear called emels. An emel is essentially a vambrace, a piece of armor worn on the forearm to block strikes with that area of the body. They serve as a smaller, lighter counterpart to the heavy shields that male characters can use. This instruction booklet artwork shows us a very simple Phantasy Star III emel, which would be fitting with an early game item from the technologically regressed society of the Alisa III.

PostPosted: Tue Dec 13, '11, 12:57 am 
Sounds like a very important piece to be wearing during a battle, etc. I wouldn't mind having one, or two, of those. :silly:

PostPosted: Mon Dec 26, '11, 2:40 pm 
I was always wondering what the hell an emel might be. I never saw these illustrations and the word emel itself wasn't very helpful either^^ Good picture anyway.

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, '11, 9:41 pm 
It would have really helped if Sega used an existing word for these, instead of making up a name like "emel." I know vambrace wouldn't have fit in the limited character space, but they could have picked something that might have been more familiar.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 28, '12, 9:24 pm 
For me too, the EMEL name was very mysterious...but the mystery is off now ! So that's a light version of the shield ? Seems to be a clog at the first sight ! ^^ (but not very comfortable in that case !)

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]