Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 

Crown

Crown

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, '11, 12:00 am 
There are two major variations of protective headgear for women in Phantasy Star III. Crowns are one of them, which is fitting since most of the female party members are princesses. Oddly enough, Lena can wear crowns, but never has the opportunity because they first become available in the second generation. It is a wonder that such a thin object could provide much in the way of defense. Perhaps that green jewel has some magical qualities?

PostPosted: Fri Dec 16, '11, 3:05 am 
Very unusual looking crown .. atleast in the way one would normally expect a crown to look, I would think. Still, I like it! :yes:

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, '11, 3:08 pm 
It looks like a dragon.

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, '11, 10:47 pm 
I'm guessing it's a de-evolution of a helmet design to decrease weight. The idea is to not get hit in the head, but I think that a ducking motion in response to a swinging blade would impact one of the spikes instead of the main band, partially converting the blow to torsional energy and decrease the compressive/shear force that would otherwise be making the lady lose her mind.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, '12, 10:02 pm 
Doesn't seems very protective but have a great design ! Like newsblade says, really looks like a sort of Dragon Head.

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]