Mourning

A new Phantasy Star image added to the site three days a week!

Mourning

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 1, '08, 8:12 am

At the graveside of Alys, our heroes have gathered to say their final goodbyes. While Chaz kneels before her headstone, the others hang back. They remain respectfully silent as their comrade tries to come to terms with this loss.

This image can also be selected as an avatar from the galleries when editing your profile.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Wolf Bird » Tue Jan 1, '08, 4:11 pm

I always liked that image and Alys' death sequence, but at the same time, I also have a burning question about it...where is Demi during the entire thing? The last time you see her during that sequence is right when Alys actually dies, but you don't see her afterwards at the grave site. Why is that? Is it because she's behind everyone else and she's so short you can't see her?
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Tsunami » Tue Jan 1, '08, 8:04 pm

Demi didn't know her as well as the others, but you'd think that she'd pay her respects after Alys helped save her and all.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 3, '08, 5:06 am

My only guess is that Demi was hanging back because she didn't really know Alys. The others all travelled with her for a time, but Demi didn't get to know her well. It is kind of cold of Demi to not show some kind of grief considering what everyone went through to save her.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Jan 3, '08, 4:10 pm

I still think she's just behind everyone else and you can't see her because she's short. I can't see her being that cold even if she is an android (maybe Wren, but not Demi.)

But I noticed something about the game in general...in a fair number of group pictures when you have an android in the party, the android in question is missing from the image; this happens not just with Demi, but also with Wren.
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby Thoul » Thu Jan 3, '08, 11:13 pm

I noticed the same thing happening a lot with Raja and Kyra, too. I know those two were late additions to the cast, so I think Demi might have been as well. Wren was in very early on though, so I'm not sure why he'd be excluded so much.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Jan 4, '08, 1:13 am

Demi's in the game before Wren, though, and Wren is also one of the "main four", so I really can't understand him being excluded from group pictures so much. But you're right, it happens with Raja and Kyra too. But it doesn't happen with Hahn and Gryz while they're in. It seems that the last four additions to the party get left out of group pictures, for the most part.

Wolf Bird

Postby Thoul » Fri Jan 4, '08, 1:38 am

I mean late additions in terms of development. Raja and Kyra were, IIRC, the last two characters created during production. At one point when magazines were previewing PSIV, Kyra didn't even have a name yet. I'm not quite sure when Demi was created, but the main four were planned very early on and revealed when the game was first announced.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Re: Mourning

Postby Scootaloo » Sun Apr 20, '14, 11:16 pm

This is probably the most mature image I've seen in a video game.

I do wonder why Demi is not in the picture, maybe she is just behind the rest.I mean, where else would she be ? I doubt she just goes to bed when a funeral is being held!

She could be in the back, that is my head canon.

Anyone here know how to edit graphics ? I sorta want to see Raja and Kyra in there, even though they probably have never heard of Alys.
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 48

Re: Mourning

Postby myau56 » Sat Apr 26, '14, 9:27 pm

Great and also very sad picture here :( But yes life goes on and their quest have to contnue, despite of the mourning and despair...
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Next

Return to Featured Images