Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 

Wizard Design

Wizard Design

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, '11, 12:00 am 
This is a Phantasy Star IV production document, detailing the design and attack style of the magician family of enemies. These foes were return from Phantasy Star II and Phantasy Star III, where they were random encounters. For this game however, they are also used as boss battles. Their variants of the Tandle and Airslash attacks make them very fierce and deadly foes. The statistics on the left - hit points, experience reward, and Meseta dropped - are from the Phantasy Star II incarnation called Wizard. None of the Phantasy Star IV variants used these details.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, '11, 3:39 am 
ooooh my god, thats a greats drawing we have here !! I really love this one!!

I thinks its a Xe a thoul from PSIV. They are great boss by the way ^^

PostPosted: Fri Nov 25, '11, 8:18 am 
I’m a pretty big fan of these enemies myself. They have a very mysterious and intimidating design to them. Plus they wield some destructive magic. ;)

PostPosted: Sat Nov 26, '11, 9:05 am 
It's interesting that they choose a lot of PS1, PS2 and PS3 characters to be mid-bosses in PSIV, giving a nice connection with all previews games.

Edit
By the way: PSI City Guards looked like Starwars (SW) Stormtroopers, but this one looks like the "Emperor's Royal Guards" from SW5 or, at least, like the "Empire's Red Guards" from SW4.

Last edited by newsblade on Sat Nov 26, '11, 9:05 am, edited 3 times in total.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]