Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
PostPosted: Fri May 15, '09, 1:43 am 
This unfinished sketch was created for the 1992 Tokyo Toy Show Phantasy Star IV prototype. It is part of a larger scene in the prototype, displayed alongside similar pieces of Rune, Chaz, and Wren. The final version was also mirrored, switching the direction Rika faces. This is probably the best quality version of this any of us will ever see, since the prototype was lost to time.

You may view the gallery page for Prototype: Rika.

PostPosted: Fri May 15, '09, 2:15 am 
I look at that image and my first thought is that she's on the hunt or prowl for SOMETHING.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, '09, 5:39 am 
That prototype is pretty spot-on with how she turned out in the game.

PostPosted: Wed May 20, '09, 4:55 pm 
Caged Wolf wrote:I look at that image and my first thought is that she's on the hunt or prowl for SOMETHING.

Probably Chaz. Maybe he ran off to the bar in the Hunter's Guild and she's after him. ;)

bretlin wrote:That prototype is pretty spot-on with how she turned out in the game.

Yeah. I think this, and the three similar prototype pics for Chaz, Rune, and Wren, must have been created after their characters were pretty well established. I know some of the other characters were still in flux, so I guess the developers made these four the basis for most of the game early on.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]