Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 

Crash Landing

Crash Landing

View Gallery Page

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, '11, 12:06 am 
In this installment of Phantasy Star IV storyboards, we have the plotting of the crash landing on planet Dezoris. The heroes' shuttle has just impacted on a secluded Dezorian temple. The head priest there, Raja, appears to be rather unhappy about the temple's new windows. He calms down a bit after Rika and Wren exit the wreckage. Also, one might notice that Rika is wearing her "winter" gear, which was cut from the final game so that the cutscenes would match her battle sprites.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, '11, 9:19 pm 
Interesting... I though she could walk half-naked in Dezoris because, as newman she could handle high and low temperatures without problems. Wren even said that newmen were a human race with stronger vitality for the rough environment. It looks like they still suffer like regular humans...

She also seams to be wearing this:
ImageImageImage

By the looks of those clothes, they look more like Motabian hunters clothes than a "winter" gear from Zelan or spaceshuttle. If that's true then those hunters clothes were bought by Alys and/or Chaz in Aiedo after leaving Zema or before departing from Motabia.

By the way, Dezorizians usually look like lizards, but this time Raja certainly looks like a Monkey.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, '11, 10:20 pm 
The winter outfit does seem a lot more armored than Rika's regular gear. I think maybe the black bodysuit is from Zelan, but the outer armor is Hunter gear Alys or Chaz picked up. That bodysuit doesn't strike me as a product of the lower technology level of Aiedo.

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, '11, 11:25 pm 
Thoul wrote:The winter outfit does seem a lot more armored than Rika's regular gear. I think maybe the black bodysuit is from Zelan, but the outer armor is Hunter gear Alys or Chaz picked up. That bodysuit doesn't strike me as a product of the lower technology level of Aiedo.

Now that you mention it, the black bodysuit does remind me of Wren's.

Last edited by newsblade on Wed Oct 26, '11, 11:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]