Star Ocean Blue Sphere

Remembering the games of yesteryear.

Star Ocean Blue Sphere

Postby Celeith » Fri Jul 27, '07, 5:37 am

did anyone ever play this game on the GBC? it was a decent game even though i couldnt read japanese, i just liked gettin into random battles and have fun with it.. i'd like to work on a translation of this myself but i have no idea on how to even begin >_< i wish those guys who were working on this translation before wouldnt of stopped 10% of the way into it.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Re: Star Ocean Blue Sphere

Postby Neithird » Fri Jul 27, '07, 6:53 pm

I wanted to try it, but I passed in hopes that the translation would be finished. I guess it never was, huh?
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Thoul » Fri Jul 27, '07, 10:45 pm

This is the first I've heard of a Star Ocean GBC game. What is it like?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Sat Jul 28, '07, 1:53 am

its a neat game, its like a sequal to SO2 the old cast of claude and them come back, although claude and rena aren't playable at first they eventually come in.. you get to make parties of 3 and basically you'll have to use all the characters at somepoint so i heard, at the beginning its just basic and i like to go with dias chisato and ashton.. here are some screenshots i took of the game, since its a old gameboy color game its stupid lookin but its an alright game.

Image Image

Image Image

Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby The $ Avenger » Sat Jul 28, '07, 2:16 am

The GB has some great RPGs. What's the combat like in that one? Is it real-time or turn-based?

It's too bad they didn't translate it. Is translation really so difficult to do, or do these games not come out over here because companies don't think they'll make enough money off of them? I wonder. I'd guess the latter.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Celeith » Sat Jul 28, '07, 2:42 am

its real time like the other star oceans, just its limited to the extent like the character your controlling can only move left to right, other than that its just the same as the others
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Thoul » Sat Jul 28, '07, 5:53 am

It sounds like a great game. Hopefully someone else will pick up the translation at some point.

It's too bad they didn't translate it. Is translation really so difficult to do, or do these games not come out over here because companies don't think they'll make enough money off of them? I wonder. I'd guess the latter.

It's all about the money. The US market is viewed as being "less intellectual" and having lower interest in RPGs. They think we all want shooters and sports games. :irked:
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Retro Roundup