Which game did you play first?

Discuss the saga of Algo, where the legend began.

Which game did you play first?

Postby Thoul » Wed Mar 28, '07, 7:42 pm

In my observations, I've noticed that people's opinions of the Phantasy Star games usually depends on which game in the series they played first.

I played Phantasy Star III first, and as a result I like it a lot more than most people that didn't. I would likely have never looked at the other games if PSIII has been a less enjoyable experience for me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Which game did you play first?

Postby Neithird » Wed Mar 28, '07, 9:35 pm

I played PS4 first, then later went back and played the others. After that, when I eventually played PS4 again, I was amazed at all the references to the earlier games in it. They all went over my head before that! Woosh! :arrow: :rofl:

I guess it's nice that you like PS3, but most people don't, you know. I guess because it's so different...
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Thu May 3, '07, 11:11 pm

It's been so long that I don't even remember which one I played first. O_o

It was either PSIII or IV, I know that much. Could've been PSII as well, for all I know. *shrugs*
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby The $ Avenger » Mon Jun 11, '07, 1:54 am

I played PSII first, and even though I've played it through so many times, I like IV the best. Gaming technology finally got decent enough that IV was able to have character development, and to have such a broad battle system.
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Fogeltje » Mon Jun 11, '07, 10:38 am

I played PSI first which is also my favourite. The second was PSII since it was the sequel to my favourite game. When I entered the internet age and downloaded roms I played PSIV and later started with PSIII.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Atlinsmere » Mon Jul 9, '07, 10:58 pm

I first played PSIV. It turned out to be my favorite and I am trying to get into the other ones.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Tue Aug 5, '08, 9:31 am

I played phantasy star 2 first cause I rember reading a gaming classics review of it in one of my video game magazines they said it was a good game so I downloaded the rom.
and its is a great game. :)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby newsblade » Tue Aug 5, '08, 4:50 pm

It was on my birthday. I started with Phantasy Star IV because a friend of mine gave it to me as a present.

His mother to my mother:
«You know, my son chose this present... he said that it must be that game and no other»
My friend to his mother:
«That's because it was the cheapest game for mega-drive (genesis) that was around there»
Me thinking
«This game must be a piece of crap»
Me talking
«Thanks!»

I just dropt it near the genesis and went to play with other friends some pc games. Some minutes after that he asked «so have you played?», I answered «Well, I didn't have time for it...» (the truth was that I really didn't wanted to play that). After some time I casually passed through the room where the genesis was and notice there were about 5 or 6 guys really enjoying that odd game (I didn't knew what an RPG was at that time, it was the first time I played one).

The next day I gave it a shot... I played the basement, Zema... and I started to get hooked when I met Rune. After that I couldn't stop playing. My worst birthday present was the best after all... so that's how I got addicted with PS and how I start loving RPG games.
ImageImage
newsblade
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 34

Postby Rune_Walsh » Fri Aug 8, '08, 10:03 am

I played Phantasy Star I first. I remember the very day my parents bought it for me, I was nine years old, and it was at a game store that no longer exists (sadly). I played it and was hooked instantly. I fell in love with the storyline, and as a child, I centered all my drawings and playing around that freaking game. It was an obsession of mine for a long time, lol.

I then played PS III, and also loved it. After that it was PS IV (my fave), and lastly PS II - which is my least favorite out of the series.
Rune_Walsh
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 9

Postby hugues » Sat Aug 9, '08, 1:42 pm

I played Phantasy Star II first then went back and bought the original.
hugues
Android
Android

Achievements: 32

Next

Return to Classic Series