Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby Lyla2284 » Sun Sep 20, '09, 11:12 am

Here's a link if you want CW.It will give you a free trial of RPGMAKER XP,which will run for 30 days,then will expire.But you can still run XP games even after the trial has expired,because all it needs is the RGSS player. BTW,the full version will set you back a hefty $60. :yikes:

download.cnet.com/RPG-Maker-XP/3000-753 ... 37117.html

Hope you enjoy it. :) And Atlin,I will have the game out soon.I'm gunning for a release on the 17th of December,which would mark the 16th anniversary of the original PS4's Japanese release.And three days after my birthday. :D Think of it as my Christmas pressie to you all.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Sep 20, '09, 4:09 pm

Yeah, not getting a full version at 60 bucks, and that's not the type of software I suspect my school's going to carry at a student discount. ;) But thanks for the link, I may do that if it can still run games after the trial expires...

*Then does online research.* Mac incompatibility! >_< I guess I can run it in in my Windows virtualization in Parallels, but that version of XP is pathetically old and has trouble working online and doesn't like to read my flash drive and external hard drive, so transferring installers won't work either. It functions fine for Morrowind, which is all I want Windows for, but....dang. >_< Maybe I can try it if/when I virtualize Vista if I ever get a copy of Oblivion.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lyla2284 » Mon Sep 21, '09, 9:36 pm

Here's a couple of more screenies for a quick update.

Part graphic novel,part movie,every scene in this game is rendered with utmost attention to detail.Hope you enjoy it. :) It's for any fan who loves Alys/Rune or both.They are the best looking chars out of the entire PS4 cast.Perfect couple too. :D Rika and Chaz pale in comparison to these two. :wink:

Mr.Mahlay busts out a WAT tech.

Because the game doesn't indicate when your chars get techs or skills,I decided to draw up a tech-sheet for every single one of them.The player can access it from the main menu once the said char joins your party.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Celeith » Tue Sep 22, '09, 3:51 am

I just have a quick question. Which battle system are you using, cause I know theres the sideview ones out there and you can convert them into PSIV style battles but my knowledge on changing the script is very low. So my question is which one are you using and how did you get it to be PS style, cuz I'm in the process of making a PS game either a PSIII or PS Gaiden udate and would like to use the system so if you could let me in on the secret I'd appreciate it. If not I understand, cuz I know most makers don't like to reveal scripts and ect..
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Sep 22, '09, 8:38 am

I'll let you in on the secret,provided you finish that fan-fic of yours. :D And I can proof-read it for you as well.The battle system I'm using is the Atoa CBS battle system-Frontal sample version.

hbgames.org/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&a ... mp;t=62914
Here's the link.Download away. :D

Holding thumbs that your finish your Alys ficcie.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Celeith » Tue Sep 22, '09, 4:32 pm

Ahh I remember that battle system well. Can't make anything outta it but I remember it anyways. I'm still working on the next chapter, working a few paragraphs at a time so I'm making slow progress outta it.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Lyla2284 » Tue Sep 22, '09, 9:04 pm

I could help you with that battle system,Kaloes,seeing as I understand it quite well. :) Sure,it was a little hard to understand in the beginning,but I've gotten the hang of it now,to the point where I'm actually making my own animated battlers.I'm having trouble animating the bigger enemies though... :( You won't find a better frontal-view animated battle system anywhere else,and it took me months to track down the one I'm using.I'm no scriptor,but I can reconfigure them to my liking.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Celeith » Tue Sep 22, '09, 9:41 pm

I see, I've been racking my brain on this all day and I've come up with nothing. The whole concept is extremely hard to me cause I don't know where to begin and where to end. How did you manage to figure it out? I'm gonna be making my own custom battlers myself since well you know there really aren't any that exist for PSIII.. lol.. but anyways, any help is appreciated.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Postby Thoul » Tue Sep 22, '09, 11:07 pm

It looks like you've made some really great progress! I like that you're expanding the interaction of the characters. There are some great plot threads there that PSIV didn't have time to explore well enough.

I have one suggestion: you may want to consider changing the font you're using for some of the text. I'm finding most of the text in the screenshots to be difficult to read. Mainly because it's small, especially compared to some of the windows showing the text. The font in the menu in that last screen is a good size, but the shape of some of the letters is difficult to recognize there.

And one question! Do the enemies move around the world map? I see you've got them visible, so I was just wondering if they stand still, wander aimlessly, chase the party, or what.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Lyla2284 » Wed Sep 23, '09, 8:24 am

The enemy sprites do move around the world map.Their speed is faster than the average npc,though.I'll increase the font size if it's a bit small,maybe to 16 or so,or I'll change it completely.It shows up well when I'm playtesting the game,though.Then it should be perfectly readable. :) And yes,there will be far more interactions between the game's two major protagonists,Alys and Rune as well as a few scenes which delves into their past.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More