Phantasy Star: BaNL

Remixes and original creations by fans - as games, audio, videos or other forms - shine in this spotlight.

Do you want a darker storyline?

Yes
47%
No
32%
Maybe
21%

Total votes : 19

Re: PSIV remake with Alys as the main char.

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Sep 23, '09, 4:32 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:The enemy sprites do move around the world map.

This. Is. WIN. As an Earthbound fan, that is WIN. What are you going to put in next, a rolling HP meter? :D
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Sep 24, '09, 11:50 am

Did I mention that there's an EB starter kit out on the net for RPGMaker XP,CW? :wink: Gives you even more of a reason to get the program. :D

Anyway,here's another couple of updates...in the form of screenies once again.

The main menu is darker now,so the char stats are more visible.

The Aiedo apothecary has been reworked.

-Increased the stats for the mecha monsters in the bio-plant.
-Poison-based damage per turn has increased to 200+HP.
-Smoother renders of the battlers have been added. :yes:
-Alys CC skill uses 200 TP per shot,instead of 180. May up it a bit more,because it's a powerful skill.
-Added a 'Drain' state to the game. This status will drain your chars from their health during battle as well as on the maps.
-Added Reinforce to Zio when he nears 25% health.This ups all his stats by a considerable amount.
-Added the 'Ultimate attack'-Spirit Cannon. This awesome skill gathers on the power of all the fallen Protectors of Algo..and I mean ALL of them. PS1,PS2...the whole dang lot of them. It looks a bit like a Big-Bang Kamehameha...(I'm a HUGE DBZ fan as well... :D ) This skill's avaliablity depends on certain situations,but I can't reveal anything or I'd spoil the surprise. It also unlocks an alternative ending,which I'm still working on.

That's all for now.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 78

Postby Darkil » Thu Sep 24, '09, 1:43 pm

This is what I get for being away for so long. Holy cow this looks GORGEOUS! I am so amazed at how detailed you've gotten with these screens. Great work Lyla!! So any word on if a demo might be available?
Shhh my common sense is tingling
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Achievements: 54

Postby Lyla2284 » Thu Sep 24, '09, 2:26 pm

Hehe...only if you're willing to download a 140mb+ game... :D That's provided I can upload the game without any disruptions,because sometimes it freezes,then I have to start from over. :( Unless you're patient enough to wait until the 17th of December.That's the game's scheduled release date,exactly a week before Christmas. :D

I'm busy working on a game cover now,just for the fun of it.
Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Darkil » Thu Sep 24, '09, 3:52 pm

Oh I have no problem waiting [albeit waiting while salivating in anticipation]. Now from reading the earlier posts, you will need to download RPGMaker XP to play this? Also, how can I help support your project [even though it's virtually finished]?
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Sep 24, '09, 4:23 pm

Lyla2284 wrote:Did I mention that there's an EB starter kit out on the net for RPGMaker XP,CW? :wink: Gives you even more of a reason to get the program. :D

On first part, I knew that already. On secord part...like many games/game programs, RPGMaker and Macintosh don't get along and my Windows virtualization doesn't like the internet or external data storage hardware. >_< (I'm a Mac user...seem to be one of few on this forum.) I'm sure there's a workaround and I can find it, but I certainly don't have time to be creating games and with grad school, sure finding less time to PLAY them.

Anyway...update looks great as usual! *Curses makers of RPG Maker for not catching up with many other software developers and creating Mac-compatible software.*
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Atlinsmere » Fri Sep 25, '09, 6:23 am

Darkil wrote:Oh I have no problem waiting [albeit waiting while salivating in anticipation]. Now from reading the earlier posts, you will need to download RPGMaker XP to play this? Also, how can I help support your project [even though it's virtually finished]?

I'm pretty positive Darkil that you don't need RMXP to play the game. As long as the final product of the game includes every resource that was used. It should be good. Pretty positive too that it has to be compressed into a game disc on Lyla's side,which should be just a click away.

As for the support, Lyla will have to answer that one. Cause I too would like to help support.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Postby Lucas » Fri Sep 25, '09, 11:39 am

I must say Lyla2284, all the progress you have put into this game looks promising and to a high degree very professional. I can't wait to play the demo when you get around to releasing it.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Lyla2284 » Sat Sep 26, '09, 2:20 pm

I wouldn't say no to a helping hand.I'm asking around (well,not entirely,people are basically offering me to help me with my game),and I am currently busy with the hi-res battlers.

Atlin,you know a good deal about RPGMaker XP right?Is it possible that you could find a combination attack style script if I gave you the name of the battle system that I'm currently using?Because I'm no scriptor,and the only thing I'm not entirely happy about is the battle system itself.I actually miss those combo attacks... :( even though it made the original PS4 way to easy.
Oh,and here's to make you guys salivate even more...My mock-up game cover! :D (Warning:LARGE image coming up!)

Lyla2284
Numan
Numan

Postby Darkil » Sun Sep 27, '09, 1:20 pm

That's a great tease Lyla :D Again, anxiously awaiting this release
Darkil
Dezorian
Dezorian

PreviousNext

Return to Fan Games, Music, Video & More