Phantasy Star 3 General Improvement Hack

Explore the Alisa III as it travels the stars.

Re: Phantasy Star 3 General Improvement Hack

Postby augmentedfourth » Sun Sep 1, '19, 12:26 am

I actually really like that explanation/characterization of Warrior Kara. Nice. The 2nd generation changes and expansions are also interesting. We all know I love Thea, but Sari has always been equally awesome. :D
augmentedfourth
Esper Novice
Esper Novice

Achievements: 256

Postby myau56 » Sun Sep 1, '19, 11:26 am

I'm really eager to continue this hack !! Seems so great ! :)
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Scootaloo » Fri Oct 4, '19, 10:43 pm

Decided to start playing this hack, and I’m loving it so far. I just returned to Hazatak after getting Wren.

BTW, does anyone know when any of the unused enemies appear?
Scootaloo
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 48

Postby Flames of Yagami » Sat Dec 10, '22, 5:13 am

I'm currently going through this hack myself. I'm nearly done with Ayn's quest (and plan to finish Nial's before moving on to any Third Generation character) and I'm really enjoying it so far. The more fleshed out dialogue is the main draw for me, but the rest of the changes are quite nice, too. It does seem a tad harder than vanilla PSIII, but it has also been a while since I played the original, so it could be placebo for all I know.

A warning for anyone who wishes to play the hack with the Fast Walking addendum: Do not try to cure poisoned characters by talking to the woman on the second floor of cleric buildings. Attempting to do so causes the screen to turn black and wipes your saves!!! Luckily, I discovered this just 10 minutes into my playthrough, so I wasn't too miffed about having to restart the game, but it's something to be aware of. I sent a PM to the author of the addendum to inform them of this (hopefully they're able to figure out the cause) and ended up reverting to the standard General Improvement hack with the painfully slow stock walking speed to avoid any other potential issues. I'm playing via an Everdrive cart on an Analogue Mega SG, so sadly, I can't take advantage of fast forwarding; but I'm considering switching back to the fast walking version and regularly creating save states in case something else deletes the game's SRAM file.
Last edited by Flames of Yagami on Mon Dec 19, '22, 2:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
Flames of Yagami
Alisa Pilot
Alisa Pilot

Achievements: 212

Postby myau56 » Fri Dec 16, '22, 11:55 am

Ah ! The famous PS III hack ! One day I will have to play it again... :fiery: :clap: :evil:
And thank you again dear R-90-2 for all those gret commentaries ! :clap:
Last edited by myau56 on Fri Dec 16, '22, 11:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Previous

Return to Phantasy Star III