Pets

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Jan 13, '08, 3:35 am

I wouldn't know, my mom might, but I doubt it. We've had several cats over the past hundred years. XD We've come across lots of problems, but I don't remember any doing that.

However one of our cats would stick their tongue out and breathe real heavily, like it was tired. It got over it within a few months. Now she has the cutest meow.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Jan 13, '08, 3:24 pm

I have pets...at home, I have 2 cats, named Galadriel and Cobweb. At home and at college, I keep a small aquarium with three African Dwarf Frogs. Their names: Hahn, Rika and Demi. XD

Thoul, my cats have never had a problem like that. They've had other problems, but not like that. That's weird. But I do know pet problems well...Rika just recently ended a 6-week quarantine because of a stubborn skin fungus that just wouldn't go away. :grumpy: She's fine now, thankfully.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Jan 13, '08, 7:51 pm

XD It would be Rika to get a skin fungus wouldn't it. XDDDDD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 14, '08, 4:16 am

I guess...XD...but I'm not sure if it would be Rika to be an absolute SPAZ. This silly frog has a weird habit of sitting in a place for a long time, then just going into a spazzy little fit over nothing for a few minutes. Then she sits again for a while, then has another spaz fit. She's also a pig. XD

Hahn...well, he's an idiot. Complete opposite of his namesake. He spends a lot of time attacking his reflection in the walls of the aquarium, apparently thinking it to be a rival male when he is, in fact, the only male in the tank.

And Demi...well, I think she's possessed by the devil. XD She likes to chase the other two...a lot. In fact, usually when I look in the aquarium, she is chasing one of the other two, probably for no reason whatsoever. She also has a nasty habit of stealing food already in another frog's mouth. She's also the only one who I have some degree of faith in her intelligence.

In short, my Algoian aquarium is wonderful entertainment. XD
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Jan 15, '08, 6:12 am

*sits for a long while* SPAZSPAZ * sits for .....* XDDDD

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Re: Pets

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Mar 24, '11, 12:06 pm

Bumping this topic up because I have new critters! All my frogs died quite some time ago, and I had no animals for a while. And I just love animals, and I really do think the lack of them might have been a factor in my depression. My counselor certainly considers it a possibility. So last week, I went to a local reputable pet place. I got stupid lucky - the lady who assisted me was a manager, loved the kind of animal I got (rats) and knew what AmeriCorps service is. She gave me a 25% discount with all that in mind so I got a full rat startup setup for under $100. Anywho, pictures below. Their names are Eowyn (the one with the grey on her nose) and Arwen.

Wolf Bird

Postby Lucas » Fri Mar 25, '11, 11:51 am

Nice rats CW, my little sister had a pet rat. Funny how clean they actually are, most people think of them as very dirty animals. My sister also taught her rat to take playing cards from her hand put them into it's cage. ;)
Last edited by Lucas on Fri Mar 25, '11, 11:51 am, edited 1 time in total.

"It's always fun to kill a god." ~ Akuma (Marvel vs. Capcom 3)
Lucas
Protector
Protector

Achievements: 175

Postby Oakley2284 » Fri Mar 25, '11, 12:50 pm

You have some cute rat Caged wolf =D

I've seen this topic and I decider do show my ''little'' pet too =D Its a male labrador named Slash =D

Hope you liked it ^^
Oakley AW2284, on planet Motavia
Oakley2284
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 105

Postby Wolf Bird » Fri Mar 25, '11, 11:15 pm

He's cute. ^_^

Wolf Bird

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 25, '11, 11:32 pm

Cute rats, CW. :) I'm sorry to hear about the loss of your frogs, but I hope you'll enjoy having these new critters around. Pets can go along way toward lifting one's spirits.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

PreviousNext

Return to Amazing Animals