Pets

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Re: Pets

Postby Sharline » Sat May 5, '07, 10:48 am

Secret_Surfer wrote:
Tsunami wrote:I'm sorry, and you can call me cynical of the world we live in, but I'm sure there would be people who would get pets just for that and harm them for money.

Really, that was the first thought that came to mind after reading that. x_x

Goodness, that thought had not even crossed my mind until reading this post. You know you're probably one hundred percent right, though. Very sad to think someone might stoop so low, but yeah, the world today can be a crazy place sometimes.

One of our old neighbours was taken to court because of that. Sort of, anyway, she had thirty or so cats and lived in a two-room flat. She was on disability benefits, too, so the cats were under-fed and more than one had died in there.
Sharline
Innkeeper
Innkeeper

Achievements: 1

Postby Neithird » Mon May 7, '07, 9:30 pm

I've never understood why people do that. :( If you can't feed the cats, why keep so many of them closed up in a house or apartment? It makes no sense to me.
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Tsunami » Wed May 16, '07, 9:26 pm

Neithird wrote:I've never understood why people do that. :( If you can't feed the cats, why keep so many of them closed up in a house or apartment? It makes no sense to me.

I'd be happy with one or two cats, tops. I'd feel guilty for having so many since I'd pick favorites. :<
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Thoul » Wed May 16, '07, 9:48 pm

Was anyone affected by the recent pet food recalls? Fortunately we weren't, but it did cover the brand of food we used to buy from the vet. We had already stopped buying it because of the high price, so hopefully we didn't get any of the tainted stuff.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri May 18, '07, 11:08 pm

Nope, we were not affected either, but we did have to keep careful eye on the brands we bought as sometimes we switch from one brand to another, depending on price - availability - and just to give our kitty's something different from time to time. We basically have decided to stick with one brand (atleast for now) which appears to be basically safe, atleast from what we know so far. This is scary though as there were so many brands affected.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby The $ Avenger » Wed Oct 3, '07, 1:45 am

I've got a 14 year-old Bichon Frise named Archie that still romps like a puppy most of the time, when his diabetes is regulated. He's got the most unique mannerisms; whenever someone he knows comes home, he raises his upper lip to "smile" and snorts while doing it. I never caught in on film though. He also sits vertically, with only his back paws supporting him when he wants something. Such a funny guy! :valentine:
"Impossible is just a word people use to make themselves feel better when they quit." Vyse, Skies of Arcadia Legends.
The $ Avenger
Esper Elder
Esper Elder

Achievements: 7

Postby Atolm » Wed Oct 3, '07, 1:58 am

I live with a parrot that talks, three leopard geckos, a shy Ball python and two Sphinx cats that believe they own the place. ^^
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Tsunami » Wed Oct 3, '07, 2:28 am

Sphinx cats...that the breed that doesn't have any fur? I may be thinking of something else.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Postby Atolm » Wed Oct 3, '07, 2:31 am

You are correct. And before anyone thinks we BOUGHT them, no we did not. Their previous owners wanted a bull dog and no longer wanted these guys and so found a home with us. :)
Dark Force: This is the best chocolate cupcake EVAR! *stuffs face*
Atolm
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 27

Postby Tsunami » Wed Oct 3, '07, 2:34 am

Aww, that's really cool. :) I do feel a little sorry for that breed though, as I can imagine that they must get cold sometimes since they don't have any fur.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

PreviousNext

Return to Amazing Animals