Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: PETA & Clooney Tofu
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, '09, 10:28 pm 
If anyone here is a fan of Tofu, let us know what you think about this new kind of Tofu that PETA (People for the Ethical Treatment Of Animals) is thinking about, using the sweat of actor George Clooney:

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/reliab ... eta12.html

Offhand, I think this one could have very well fit in with the " ridiculous item of the day " thread, lol.

I love Clooney's reply he gave to it. :D

Post subject: Re: PETA & Clooney Tofu
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, '09, 10:55 pm 
Yuck! That's an utterly repulsive idea. What is the world coming to?!

Silver_Surfer1 wrote: Offhand, I think this one could have very well fit in with the " ridiculous item of the day " thread, lol.

Quite.

Last edited by Srijita on Sun Oct 25, '09, 8:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu Mar 12, '09, 11:02 pm 
I think I died a little bit inside after reading this..

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, '09, 12:05 am 
Stuff like this is why people no longer take PETA seriously. The organization should just be disbanded. Their reputation is getting so bad that soon they won't be able to really help animals in any way.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, '09, 2:44 pm 
Regardless of the kind of flavoring they try to give tofu, it still tastes like nothing. George Clooney tofu probably tastes just like regular tofu, spicy tofu, sweet tofu, and any other tofu inbetween.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, '09, 2:10 am 
:? This helps animals how? Sweat flavored tofu would make me want to turn to meat more, not less. XDD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun Mar 15, '09, 9:49 pm 
I have to agree with others here who don't see how in the world this is going to help animals. PETA has gone so far overboard in the last few years with ridiculous stunts, that I think their reputation is seriously damaged. Just remember the thing they tried with vegetables, I think it was, shown during the superbowl commercial. Silly and very distasteful. I don't see how any of it is helping animals. If they really want to help animals, there are better ways to do it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, '09, 1:29 am 
Yeeeech... Tofu tastes bad enough as it is, I can't imagine how Clooney tofu would taste. :yuck:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, '09, 7:04 am 
*Pukes* :yuck: :yuck: :yuck:

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:I have to agree with others here who don't see how in the world this is going to help animals. PETA has gone so far overboard in the last few years with ridiculous stunts, that I think their reputation is seriously damaged. Just remember the thing they tried with vegetables, I think it was, shown during the superbowl commercial. Silly and very distasteful. I don't see how any of it is helping animals. If they really want to help animals, there are better ways to do it.

Word.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue Mar 17, '09, 2:09 pm 
That is disgusting and disturbing. Now, I agree with many of PETA's principles, but just what is the group thinking with carrying this stuff out anymore? They've become a joke and it's crap like this that doesn't help animals at all that's part of the reason.

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]