What breed of Cat do you have?

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

What breed of Cat do you have?

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Dec 16, '08, 9:17 pm

What breed of Cat do you have, or would you like to have?

Here is a link with some Cat breeds:

http://www.cfainc.org/breeds.html

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Tue Dec 16, '08, 9:30 pm

That sort of thing is mostly over my head. To me, a cat is a cat. I glanced at a few of the links on that page, but the only one that looked even vaguely familiar was the "Maine Coon."
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Tue Dec 16, '08, 11:42 pm

My cat "Alley Cat" or "Miss Cat" as we sometimes call her looks remarkably like a Manx Cat. Same color of fur, eye color, same body tone. Only difference is my cat has a tail.
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Dec 17, '08, 3:34 am

My cats are just your generic house cats. Nothing special about them. But my roommate's boyfriend has FOUR Maine Coons at home and one of them seemed to love me to death when I was at his house one weekend.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Dec 18, '08, 12:40 am

I think most of our cats are just regular cats, no special breed. We have a lot of calico cats - that type of coloring seems to run in the family, even though the mother cat is black and white. In the past, we have had Siamese cats, but haven't been able to keep one of those for very long. Also have had persian cats at one time and they were beautiful.

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Tsunami » Wed Feb 4, '09, 2:33 pm

We had a plain ol' black and white house cat a bit ago, but we had to get rid of him. :( He was a very neurotic and sometimes unpredictable kitty. He left a scar on the back of my hand, running from my knuckle to the center joint of my middle finger.

However, I do wanna get another kitten (hopefully the next one will be a sweeter thing that actually behaves ;p). Ideally, I'd absolutely love to get a ragdoll -- their markings are adorable and they are so cute! ^^ I also like Maine Coons since I am a sucker for fluffy tabbies (aaaand they seem intelligent!). :p That and I've always wanted a big cat, lol.

The only problem with getting a specific breed of cat is that it is expensive. Why shell out money for a cat when you can get one for free in the newspaper? :?
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Postby Schala Zeal » Tue Feb 10, '09, 9:55 pm

My cat's a mixed breed. Y'know, one of those cats that you imagine hanging out in the alley. My other cat had all black fur, but I don't think he was one particular breed. He tended to disappear in the dark. :yaknow:
Schala Zeal
Guardian
Guardian

Achievements: 21

Postby Lemina » Wed Feb 18, '09, 1:21 am

You know, I always find it strange that people almost always have pure bred dogs but mixed bred cats. I rarely see purebreds, I think I only saw a couple, and they were owned by a rich family.
Uh, my cats are the same as Schala's. We're in the same household. :)

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Return to Amazing Animals