Declawing

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Declawing

Postby Thoul » Tue Apr 8, '08, 11:00 pm

For those of you with cats or other pets, what are your thoughts on having them declawed? Some people have pets declawed to prevent scratching of furniture or children. Many people think it's cruel to the animal. What's your stance on it?
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Tue Apr 8, '08, 11:17 pm

well both of my cats are declawed do its nothing big for me. my cat enjoys waking me up in the morning and slapping the crap out of me >.<
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Apr 9, '08, 1:40 am

I think it's kind of cruel. I have two cats back at home and instead of declawing them, we just trim their claws every other week. It lets them keep their claws but prevents them from being painful for us, so I think both win.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Apr 9, '08, 8:35 pm

I'm undecided on this. Our cats are not declawed, but sometimes I sure wish they were, especially when I am the recipient of one of those claws in my skin somewhere - ouch!

There are a few factors to think of before having a cat declawed, I think. One of them is whether the cat will be an inside or outside cat. If the cat will be inside all the time, then it may be okay to some extent. If the cat will be outside, then that's another matter as they may need their claws to climb, catch food, defend themselves, etc. Lots to think of and consider doing what is best for your own particular cat. :cat:
Good Friday ~ March 29, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Wolf Bird » Wed Apr 9, '08, 8:46 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:If the cat will be inside all the time, then it may be okay to some extent. If the cat will be outside, then that's another matter as they may need their claws to climb, catch food, defend themselves, etc.

Our cats are indoor, but despite that, they are mousers as we frequently find rodent corpses around the house. It happens less and less as they get older (they're 13 now), but it still happens. They need their claws if they're going to catch mice.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Rudo » Fri Apr 11, '08, 7:09 am

Cats can be little monsters at times. I have the scars to prove it too. Declaw the little boogers, I say. :yaknow:
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Apr 13, '08, 4:33 am

I wouldn't unless the cat is really bugging me with it. I like their claws, its interesting to see what they can do with them.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Return to Amazing Animals