Goats

Companions of all kinds - furry, feathered, fishy and more!

Goats

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Wed Nov 11, '09, 5:45 pm

Goats are interesting animals. Has anyone here ever owned or been around a goat? I've never had one or been near one (except maybe at a zoo), but I see them all the time in other peoples yards.

Here's a story where goats are helping the environment and doing it cheaper than other ways too.

http://www.good.is/post/rental-goats-cl ... ?gt1=48001

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Goats

Postby Thoul » Wed Nov 11, '09, 7:47 pm

I may have seen one at a petting zoo when I was a kid. I don't recall. I only remember the deer the place had, but there might have been a goat, too.

Using goats for work like this is likely better than using a machine. It saves fossil fuels, gives less pollution, and so on. It sounds a lot slower, though.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Re: Goats

Postby Lemina » Fri Dec 4, '09, 2:23 am

Hold on, S_S, did you say that you see goats in people's yards? That must mean that they're pets--I didn't know that that was allowed. It's not where I'm from (Northern Illinois). I'd love to have one though--They're cute~

Using goats for clearing brush sounds very eco-friendly; but I'm not too sure about using animals to do people's dirty work. I wouldn't want the poor goats to eat something that might make them sick or something, you know?

Credits to Altin for the sig. Thank you dude! ^_^
Lemina
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 29

Return to Amazing Animals