Perfume allergies?

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

Perfume allergies?

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Jan 28, '08, 11:19 pm

I'm just curious if anyone else on this forum has an allergy to perfumes and colognes. I ask this because today in my English class (which is in a small room, the class is about 12-15 students) a girl sitting near me was wearing WAY too much perfume and I was exposed to it for 50 minutes; I couldn't sing in choir afterwards because my chest was seizing up and I could hardly breathe. I'm still lightheaded and can't breathe very well and it may be a day or two before I'm okay. The same thing happened at my Economics final last year as the guy next to me was wearing an enormous amount of Axe. A spray or two is all it takes, but a lot of people just put on way too much of an already overpowering scent sometimes.

Anyone else have this problem?
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby SparkyIII » Mon Jan 28, '08, 11:24 pm

Axe is gross, no one around here likes it, they buy it to be annoying. lol
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 29, '08, 12:09 am

In large quantities it can bother me, but I don't recall running into a situation like you described in a very long time. I don't think I really have an allergy, but the smell can make it hard for me to breathe.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rudo » Tue Jan 29, '08, 3:37 am

Most of the time, it doesn't bother me. If they are wearing the whole bottle, then it might bother me.
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Jan 29, '08, 10:36 pm

I hate perfume smells too. They take my breathe away. It didn't use to bother me years ago, but the past few years, I just can't stand it either. I don't know if it's allergies, or what, but I try to stay away from the stuff and anyone who uses a whole lot of it. It seems I can smell it a mile away sometimes, though.
Palm Sunday ~ March 24, 2024

:rose: Happy 26th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo~Founded April 01, 1997 :rose:

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby SparkyIII » Tue Jan 29, '08, 11:06 pm

Do you guys have the unfortunate ability to Taste what you smell? I do, and hate it very much. Most perfumes make my tongue tinge.
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Thoul » Tue Jan 29, '08, 11:08 pm

I am quite happy to say I don't have that ability. Just the thought of it makes me shudder!
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Atlinsmere » Wed Jan 30, '08, 5:36 am

I have that ability... It isn't good, especially when someone farts in the room. I have to double cover my mouth and nose in order to avoid the taste.

As for the perfume business, there is only one kind that really bugs me. That would be Classic Match. WWAAAAAYYY too strong.
A simple text based signature? That's impossible!
Atlinsmere

Achievements: 392

Return to Casual Conversation