Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees

Get up and move your body to the beat of music discussions.

Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Fri Dec 14, '07, 3:18 am

New inductees to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame include Madonna, John Mellencamp, Leonard Cohen, and The Dave Clark Five. There will be a ceremony sometime in March, I think it is. Inductees must have had a single or album atleast 25 years from their nomination. Wow, that's a long time. Hard to believe that Madonna has been around that long.

I'm happy for The Dave Clark Five. They really deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame.

Who do you think should be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame that isn't already a member?

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Postby Thoul » Fri Dec 14, '07, 3:59 am

Wow, 25 years. That really is a long time. I wasn't aware it had been so long since some of them appeared on the scene.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Rudo » Fri Dec 14, '07, 9:17 pm

Madonna is OLD!
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby SparkyIII » Fri Dec 14, '07, 10:51 pm

.....wow.... XD
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Re: Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame Inductees

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Sun Mar 2, '08, 9:21 pm

Silver_Surfer1 wrote:New inductees to the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame include Madonna, John Mellencamp, Leonard Cohen, and The Dave Clark Five. There will be a ceremony sometime in March, I think it is. Inductees must have had a single or album atleast 25 years from their nomination. Wow, that's a long time. Hard to believe that Madonna has been around that long.

I'm happy for The Dave Clark Five. They really deserve to be in the Hall Of Fame.

Who do you think should be in the Rock & Roll Hall of Fame that isn't already a member?

Well, it's almost time for the new inductees to be placed into the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame. The ceremony is sometime this month (March). I'm glad the Dave Clark Five will be new members but sad that singer Mike Smith could not live to see it. Still, it's a great honor for them all.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Sun Mar 2, '08, 9:27 pm

I have a hard time taking the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame seriously. The reason for this is because Rush still hasn't been inducted and I think that's a load of crap. If they're putting in Madonna, it's about time to put in the best Canadian rock trio ever, and they're still touring, releasing albums, and doing well. I think the only reason they don't do it is because Rush writes a lot of political music about issues that are controversial, and that's a weak reason at best.

Come R&R Hall of Fame...Rush deserves a spot and has deserved it for a long time!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Mar 3, '08, 9:50 pm

I know what you mean, Caged Wolf. I think there are so many groups, single artists who deserve to be in the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, and should already be there, but they are not. It is really surprising. I mean, the Dave Clark Five were one of the most successful and important groups of the 60's, and they are just now getting there, and there are probably many, many others who were equally as successful and well known who still haven't received that honor.

To tell you the truth, I didn't really recall that much about the group you mentioned, Rush, so I did a google search on them. It seems they have been around for a good while and are very popular too. I did see that they have been in the Canada Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame, which is terrific.

I think it might help a little if there were more than only a few artists added each year, but I could see how that might be a drawback too. Still, it seems there should be more getting this honor who deserve it.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Tue Mar 11, '08, 5:24 pm

News reports say the Rock & Roll Hall Of Famers held their induction ceremony last night. It sounds like it was a good time had by all. I hope they show it on TV soon so we can all see it.

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news ... titialskip

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Mon Sep 22, '08, 1:24 am

It is almost time for the Rock & Roll Hall Of Fame to pick their inductees for the year 2009. Here's a link telling more about this story, and you can vote for who you think should be chosen also:

http://www.usatoday.com/life/music/news ... ders_N.htm

Who would you vote for on this list?

Are there any others that are not on this list that you think should be there for this coming year inductees?

As for me, picking from the list they have, I'd probably vote for either Donna Summer, or K.D. Lang. I really like both of them and their songs.

One that is not on the list there that was talked about in the article is "Neil Diamond", though and I think I would vote for him ahead of anyone else. He certainly deserves to be in the R&R Hall of Fame after his legendary career.

Silver_Surfer1

Postby Wolf Bird » Mon Sep 22, '08, 2:55 am

Go Rush! They got 32% of all the favorites votes so far!
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Next

Return to Tootin' Tunes