Oddball Accessories

Examine the concepts and building blocks of games and systems with us.

Oddball Accessories

Postby Neithird » Fri Oct 26, '07, 5:24 pm

Accessorizing has been a big part of console gaming all the way back to the Atari. What are some of your favorite gaming add-ons? What do you think where the most innovative or under used ideas? Are there any really oddball add-ons you tried?

My favorite was the Super Gameboy, the Gameboy to Super Nintendo adapter. I wanted to get one of the GameBoy Players for GameCube too, but stores had stopped selling them by the time I became aware they were out there.

I thought Rob the Robot, for Nintendo was really weird. Who wants a robot to play a game? I'd rather play the game myself!
:clyde: · · · :pacman: · · · · · · ● · · · · :inky: · · ·
"Freedom is the right of all sentient beings." ~ Optimus Prime
Neithird
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 21

Postby Rudo » Fri Oct 26, '07, 11:21 pm

Accessories are nice, but some are very expensive, and not really worth the extra dough. I try to steer clear of those that are not really all that necessary to play or enjoy the games. Hard to do in some cases, though.
Rudo
Esper Apprentice
Esper Apprentice

Achievements: 192

Postby Thoul » Sat Oct 27, '07, 8:41 pm

My favorites were the Advantage controllers for the Nintendo and Super Nintendo. They were great for playing with an arcade feel.

The most unusual accessory, to me, are the guitar controllers. I just don't understand those. I guess it might work for someone with musical talent, but not for me.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Return to Tech and Design