Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ] 
 Post subject: Pac-Man facts
PostPosted: Sun Mar 6, '11, 12:44 am 
The creator of the Pac-Man game reveals some interesting facts about the game that were never known before:

http://blog.games.yahoo.com/blog/443-fi ... ut-pac-man

Post subject: Re: Pac-Man facts
PostPosted: Mon Mar 7, '11, 11:36 pm 
Hm, interesting. I never would have thought that Pac-Man was an early attempt to draw females into the gaming market. It's mildly amusing that the creator thought bringing girls in would make the arcades suddenly become cleaner.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 8, '11, 3:40 am 
As for the attraction to female gamers, I had a feeling (or heard somewhere before) that it was to bring in girls, though I could be wrong.

I had a feeling each ghost had different AI because I noticed one time when I played all ghosts were acting differently when I stayed still in one spot.

As for the other three facts, I had no idea. I wonder how that shelter would have acted.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, '11, 12:39 am 
Actually I learned the first 3 facts from an interview from Pacman World 3 before I checked out the article, but I was surprised by the other 2 facts. I'm glad all the ghosts aren't red, the game wouldn't be as colorful as it is, it'd just be Pacman and 4 Blinkys moving around a maze.

PostPosted: Thu May 26, '11, 8:37 am 
Hey, hey, hey, anything that draws girls in is a good thing in my book. Yes, Yes, Yes.

All red ghosts would be boring.

Page 1 of 1  [ 5 posts ]