Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ] 
 Post subject: Overdue library books
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, '12, 12:54 am 
Here's another story of long overdue library books that were finally found and returned to the library, but look at what treasures they found in all these books:

http://pittsburgh.cbslocal.com/2012/03/ ... o-dormont/

Wow!!

Post subject: Re: Overdue library books
PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, '12, 2:28 am 
Somehow, I think the books were probably written off as lost long ago. I guess it's good for that community to have them back, though. Maybe they will bring in some tourists from the local area.

I'd certainly be refusing to pay the fine after bringing the books back, though.! :p

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, '12, 12:40 pm 
Wow so nice ! Some years ago, my goal was to become a librarian as I love so much reading and books (and a lot of things !!) so that's always news which makes me happy !!

PostPosted: Sat Jan 4, '14, 5:51 pm 
Another thought about overdue library books. I was reading in the news that some libraries are now turning over accounts with major overdue books to collection agencies to try and recoup their losses. Scary, if you may be affected by this as collection agencies can be brutal at times. Way better to pay those overdue library charges and return those books if possible or work out some other arrangement with the library before it reaches the latter stages.

Page 1 of 1  [ 4 posts ]