Over 700 new planets found

Whether it's new discoveries or explorations of the world, if it's science and not about games, talk about it here.

Over 700 new planets found

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Feb 27, '14, 2:45 am

What a discovery with the find of 715 new planets!! There is no telling how many there really are yet to be found!

http://news.msn.com/science-technology/ ... nets-715-1

This new find brings us up to a total of almost 1700 planets....WOW!! :starry-eyed:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Over 700 new planets found

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Feb 27, '14, 4:08 am

Awesome stuff, I used to be really fascinated by astronomy, so I'm always glad to hear news like this. Planets are just cool.
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Thu Feb 27, '14, 12:26 pm

Me too I'me a big fan of astronomy and planets ! especially after my love for all the Phantasy Star serie :) Maybe we can ask about one of those 700 new planets called Palma ? (or Parma or Parm or Palm !) : why not ? (And named another Solar System called Algo ? )
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Postby Bragatyr » Thu Feb 27, '14, 1:50 pm

That would be awesome. I wonder if there are any other video game astronomy enthusiasts who might campaign for that sort of thing? I know they named a protein after Sonic the Hedgehog, and there have been other video game-themed names in science. 'Twould be cool!
Bragatyr
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 65

Postby myau56 » Thu Feb 27, '14, 8:16 pm

Bragatyr wrote:That would be awesome. I wonder if there are any other video game astronomy enthusiasts who might campaign for that sort of thing? I know they named a protein after Sonic the Hedgehog, and there have been other video game-themed names in science. 'Twould be cool!

Other video game astronomy enthusiasts ? Hmmm I don't see any but maybe someone is going to appear ! :) Would be so great.
I didn't know about this protein thing and Sonic ! A protein to have a best speed, surely ? :lol:
Phantasy Star Forever

myau56
Algolian Master
Algolian Master

Achievements: 209

Return to Science Symposium