Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ] 
 Post subject: Original PS characters
PostPosted: Wed Feb 2, '11, 8:06 am 
These are two characters I made up from a looong time ago. Recently I decided to re-sketch them rather abruptly, so parts of their design are kinda... lacking lol

This is Iris, an Esper who fights with slicers. As sweet as she may seem, she's slightly bitter about the way the Esper Mansion is being run. Rune had long passed, and she's very talented, and is basically the best candidate to be the next Lutz. Unfortunately for her, the elders aren't to keen on her becoming his vessel. Because she's a woman. This is proof I'd been reading too much Earthsea lol

Now we have an android named Anjanette. Anja for short. As you can see, she enjoys her guns. She is... very dry witted. Imagine Dorothy from The Big-O anime series, and that's basically her personality. Too many people asked me if she was a CAST. :grumpy:

Last edited by Waterfaller on Wed Feb 2, '11, 8:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 2, '11, 6:06 pm 
These are great designs! I can definitely see the Phantasy Star influence in them, especially Anja. She would make a great addition to the ranks of the androids.
Quote:As sweet as she may seem, she's slightly bitter about the way the Esper Mansion is being run. Rune had long passed, and she's very talented, and is basically the best candidate to be the next Lutz. Unfortunately for her, the elders aren't to keen on her becoming his vessel. Because she's a woman. This is proof I'd been reading too much Earthsea lol

Maybe so, but that makes for a great hook in a story about the character. It would be fun to explore, I bet.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 2, '11, 7:04 pm 
Thanks Thoul! I'm trying to decide whether Anja would look better wielding two smaller guns, or one BFG!

A couple changes I have decided to make on Iris' design is making her tiara more like Kyra's, since it seems that's what most of the Espers wear. Her clothing though is definitely a throwback to Phantasy Star the First :)

I also intentionally went for that late 80's-mid 90's design in mind :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 2, '11, 8:19 pm 
Personally, I would like to see Anja wielding two smaller guns. We've seen plenty of PS characters with large rifles, so a pair of pistols on a classic style character would be something different.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 2, '11, 10:11 pm 
Terrific drawings! :)

It will be interesting getting to know these two characters. :yes:

And, more power to the women!!! :wink:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 3, '11, 6:52 pm 
I like a butt-kicking woman as much as the next man, so I really enjoyed the drawings. I liked Iris' design more, but I like the idea of a two-fisted pistol-packing girl quite a bit, too.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 8, '11, 4:02 am 
Awesome character designs, I must say though I think Iris is my favourite out of the two. :)

PostPosted: Wed Feb 9, '11, 10:27 am 
Nice drawings. The body proportions are excellent and the details of clothing are very nice, specially Iris, whose drawing is more complex.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, '11, 1:36 am 
tilinelson2 wrote:Nice drawings. The body proportions are excellent and the details of clothing are very nice, specially Iris, whose drawing is more complex.

Thanks, that means a lot to me. I always try my best when it comes to body proportions :yes:

PostPosted: Thu Feb 10, '11, 5:17 am 
Holy cow, these are excellent! Great job, and I really enjoy their bios, too. (I'd love to see these turned into line art and colored, btw.)

Page 1 of 1  [ 10 posts ]