Orientation

General discussion of subjects beyond the scope of the other forums.

What's your position on this?

I support it.
60%
I'm against it.
40%
I don't care.
No votes
Other. (explain whatever other is)
No votes

Total votes : 5

Orientation

Postby SparkyIII » Thu Mar 6, '08, 5:39 am

I was hesitating putting this up in fear of something like the spanking thing coming up, but still...

So what are your opinions on this? Do you support bi/homosexual personalities? Against? Or do you sit back and just ignore it all?

I find it rather hard to ignore something thats brought up as often as this is. I try to support it myself, having plenty of friends who consider themselves Bi, and actually have been told I was probably too. But my dad is strictly against it, and I guess some of his fears rub off onto me about it.
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Achievements: 40

Postby Wolf Bird » Thu Mar 6, '08, 3:02 pm

I'm in full support of gay rights. I have two professors this semester who are gay and I had one my freshman year.

I'm just an overall believer in equality and civil rights, as I am a Libertarian Democrat.
Next Pokemon game(s): Pearl
Last finished Pokémon game: Shield
Other games: Skyrim Special Edition (Switch), Spyro Reignited Trilogy (Switch & PS4), Okami (Switch & PS4)
Other gaming goals: completing a Living Pokedex (minus some event Pokes) and going through at least 1 game per generation

Wolf Bird

Achievements: 420

Re: Orientation

Postby Silver_Surfer1 » Thu Mar 6, '08, 6:17 pm

SparkyIII wrote:I was hesitating putting this up in fear of something like the spanking thing coming up, but still...

Yeah, I think we've been through this before, but that never seems to stop it from cropping up again somewhere, if ya know what I mean, which is fine I guess as long as it's okay with the rules of the board, etc.

SparkyIII wrote:So what are your opinions on this? Do you support bi/homosexual personalities? Against? Or do you sit back and just ignore it all? I find it rather hard to ignore something thats brought up as often as this is.

Since you asked, I will answer. I do not support bi/homosexual personalities, etc. I think it is morally wrong. I'm not afraid to say so either. I know that is probably an unpopular opinion, stance, or whatever, especially in these days and times, but that is my opinion and I am entitled to it just as others are who may approve of this, etc. I also would find it hard to ignore this subject as it seems to arise in all walks of life these days, even here on a gaming message board. That doesn't mean it's right, and doesn't mean it is wrong, I guess. Everyone has their own opinion, views, and life decisions to make. I am responsible for mine alone and these are my views on the subject. I respect everyone else's right to their views also, but that doesn't make them right either.

SparkyIII wrote:I try to support it myself, having plenty of friends who consider themselves Bi, and actually have been told I was probably too. But my dad is strictly against it, and I guess some of his fears rub off onto me about it.

That's one thing I don't agree with also, when you say "actually having been told I was probably too". Say what, who told you? How do you know they are telling you the truth, the facts, and just not their opinion? I would think that is something you either know or don't know about your own self. Why do you have to have someone tell you? It sounds like someone might be trying to influence you one way or the other. I just don't think that is right or like the way that sounds. But that's me, and it's your life.

This subject opens up tons of possible discussion, but I don't know if any of it is, or could be, productive, so I'll shush now. I've already stated my view, and that's enough. :blank:

:rose: Happy 27th Anniversary Fringes Of Algo :rose:
~ Founded April 01, 1997 ~

Silver_Surfer1

Achievements: 499

Re: Orientation

Postby Reno » Fri Mar 7, '08, 3:44 am

SparkyIII wrote:I was hesitating putting this up in fear of something like the spanking thing coming up, but still...

Eh? I'm actually a little confused about this... I didn't know discussions such as the Spankings one were universally hated... Passion is a good thing, and speaking/writing about topics that you feel strongly about will inevitably reveal more about your personality and your values and is a good way to open yourself to other people, (which, I'd assume would be desired since this gaming message board is a community). Although one important thing to remember is to not get too carried away; as long as the participating parties are respectful to the others' views and can present factual, logical, supporting arguments, then everyone involved should walk away with a clearer understanding of not only the other person(s) involved, but also a better understanding of the opposing viewpoint, making those people more well-rounded and empathetic towards others they come across in life.

If, however, this is looked down upon by the majority of you, then this is my one and only response to this topic....

I agree with Caged Wolf.
"Science was dealt a crippling blow the instant that its conclusions were deemed to be subject to democracy."
[face=Arial][/face]
Reno
Agent
Agent

Achievements: 18

Postby Thoul » Fri Mar 7, '08, 3:53 am

Nicely said, Reno.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Tsunami » Fri Mar 7, '08, 11:46 pm

Interesting subject, and touchy for some. Amusing how it was compared to the whole spanking bit...

My stance? I'm against it. Gays act like they're a race and "deserve equal rights"... They do have rights, but they wouldn't have the right to marry (in many places, though they can in some) since in the bible, marriage is defined as the union between a man and a woman. Now, I won't say I will accept it, but I will tolerate it to some degree. And it's not that I dislike the people, I dislike their way of thinking and their choices. What I really don't like is how some people force it onto others, saying "It's perfectly normal", "There's nothing wrong with it" and things like that. They have their beliefs, as I have mine.
Tsunami
Numan
Numan

Achievements: 22

Return to Casual Conversation