Optional Sidequests

Hunt the source of evil as the millennium comes to an end.

Optional Sidequests

Postby Thoul » Sat Jan 26, '08, 9:18 pm

PSIV has a lot of sidequests. Not just in the Hunter's Guild, but there's also extra areas on each planet that you can find only by exploring. Places like the Wrecked Ship, the Dezo Climate Control or Weapons plant.

When you play the game, do you do all of these areas or skip any of them? Did you find them the first time you played or not until a later playthrough?

I found most of them the first time I played, but I think I forgot to go back to the Anger tower. I might have missed the Weapons plant. It was really in an out of the way place.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Jan 26, '08, 10:14 pm

I always do them because of the items found and always as soon as I get to them (and survive them of course), the items you find there really help. I found them all the first time, because I'm an exploring type and always explore the entire map.
"Rolf, there's no hope for me. If Neifirst is dead, I must die, too."
And in so saying, Nei silently closed her eyes.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Achievements: 40

Postby Celeith » Sat Jan 26, '08, 10:31 pm

when i first played i just ran into a bunch of these places by accident because i would usually end up getting lost in the vast snow pyramids of dezolis
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby Fogeltje » Sat Jan 26, '08, 10:48 pm

When I think I might get lost I always draw some kind of map, either accurate or just primitive for references. Sadly I found PSIV lacking in that part as I could do everything by memory. The only challenge I faced in that aspect was the Air Castle. But I never got lost on the planets, only finding the island towns on Motavia sometimes proved to be a challenge, but you only need to find them once, then you can Ryuaka between them.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby SparkyIII » Sat Jan 26, '08, 11:55 pm

Those are optional? I haven't actually played through in a while, but I thought we needed to go there for some reason. *doesn't even remember what the wrecked ship is*
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Fogeltje » Sun Jan 27, '08, 12:02 am

No, I think the wrecked ship is optional. You miss out on a lot of story information and some ceramic items (which at that point are the strongest you can get), but it is not essential you go there. You are, by that point, on your way to kill Zio and the ship is not an essential point to go through. The Dezoris Climatrol is also optional as you can go straight to DF in the Garubek Tower. The weapons plant is also optional I think but I'm not sure as is the Daughter facility from the hunter guild mission.
Fogeltje
Cyborg
Cyborg

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Jan 27, '08, 12:04 am

Isn't the wrecked ship a hunters guild mission, or is that a different one?
Everything has a pattern. Something set. Even random things. They aren't random at all, its complex mathematics. The trick is to find the pattern. Then you can exploit it.

People think things have a certain end. Taxes. Work. Due dates don't really exist. Trust me. When you put a band of world scholars in the same room, and set them on talking about anything, the most interesting topics come up. The existence of negative time. The probability of "random occurrence". The government's involvement in the media. And falsified due dates. They aren't real, trust me....
SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Postby Thoul » Sun Jan 27, '08, 4:23 am

The ship isn't a guild mission, it's just an optional area you can explore. You're probably thinking of the Daughter mission. The weapons plant, Dezoris climate station, plate system, and the Musk Cat cave are optional too. Oh, and the Anger Tower, to make at least one on every planet.
Thoul
Administrator
Administrator

Achievements: 123

Postby Celeith » Sun Jan 27, '08, 4:28 am

I think i'm gonna go to Anger Tower, fake not being angry, get Megid, and then blow up everything
Cele~Chan Streaming
Saturday at 8pm cst and Sunday at 6pm cst.
The Subscribe button is just a click away.
Celeith
Palman
Palman

Achievements: 111

Postby SparkyIII » Sun Jan 27, '08, 6:53 am

Then what is the Crashed ship? I thought that was the Silver soldier mission?

SparkyIII
Sage
Sage

Next

Return to Phantasy Star IV